Declined
Last Updated: 14 Jun 2018 17:07 by ADMIN
Imported User
Created on: 25 Feb 2018 17:36
Category: Grid
Type: Feature Request
Reduce Dependencies to Improve Performance
Once in a while, I try out a new Version to see, whether performance has improved. and constantly, I find that this is not the case.
The best treeshaking technique from Angular is spoilt by KendoUI components because of all the millions of bytes of script code that get downloaded by your components and lead to a desastrous client experience!
Optimization would be as simple as a good redesign. I wonder, why this still did not happen over the last year!
2 comments
ADMIN
T. Tsonev
Posted on: 14 Jun 2018 17:07
The item is not currently actionable. All optional dependencies are already moved to separate modules - e.g. PDF and Excel export.

The rest of the component features can be toggled at run-time and our best hope for reduced bundle sizes currently lies on Angular itself with Ivy.
ADMIN
T. Tsonev
Posted on: 14 Jun 2018 17:05
There's currently very little we can do to reduce bundle size.

The current design of NgModule forces all components to be referenced, regardless if they're used or not. This problem is recognised in the Ivy design goals:
https://github.com/angular/angular/blob/master/packages/compiler/design/architecture.md#the-selector-problem

We can only hope that Ivy will dramatically reduce bundle sizes by dropping unused code. Until then the only practical advise is to use Lazy-loaded modules and caching.