Completed
Last Updated: 16 Jan 2020 16:56 by ADMIN
Louis-Philippe
Created on: 18 Feb 2018 19:11
Category: TreeView
Type: Feature Request
Drag & Drop for Treeview component
Hi, 
Thanks for the great work on porting jQuery TreeView to pure Angular...

If possible to port the drag & drop feature as well

As a sidenote, maybe add TreeView category to this feedback page

Thank you!
15 comments
ADMIN
Carl
Posted on: 16 Jan 2020 16:55

Hey folks!

Good news! With the latest release of the Angular TreeView package (4.1.0) we have added in drag & drop capabilities! This works within a single TreeView as well as between multiple instances of the Kendo UI for Angular TreeView.

Thank you for your patience here, and I'll go ahead and mark this item as complete!

Regards,
Carl
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
ADMIN
Dimiter Topalov
Posted on: 03 Dec 2019 13:49

Hello Raju,

The drag-and-drop functionality is scheduled for the next official release in mid-January, 2020, and the development team currently believes we will be able to release it on time.

Regards,
Dimiter Topalov
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
G.K. Raju
Posted on: 03 Dec 2019 12:46

Hi,

May I know when the drag and drop feature will be available in angular tree view?

Thank you !

Software
Posted on: 30 Oct 2019 13:57
We really need tree view  with drag and drop functionality. 
ADMIN
Dimiter Topalov
Posted on: 14 Jun 2019 07:35
Hello Abhishek,

The TreeView Drag & Drop functionality was included in the preliminary list of items, planned for our 2020 R1 (January) release. We will update this thread accordingly if further changes occur.

Regards,
Dimiter Topalov
Progress Telerik
Abhishek
Posted on: 12 Jun 2019 13:50

Hi Team,

Any update for us on this request.

ADMIN
Dimiter Topalov
Posted on: 06 Feb 2019 13:39
Hi,

Just an update regarding our current short-term and mid-term plans. The TreeView Drag-and-Drop functionality is not among the items we will be focusing our development efforts for the next (May 2019) official release, and will likely be one of the items, planned for the R3 release in September (still subject to changes).

Regards,
Dimiter Topalov
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Christoph
Posted on: 12 Jan 2019 19:03
Please consider using the browsers native drag and drop feature instead of "self made dom moving". In many cases, we've some kind of data item behind each tree node and using the native api would allow drag and drop between browser windows and to/from other components like grids.
ADMIN
Dimiter Topalov
Posted on: 11 Jan 2019 10:43
Hi,

The new components, features, and enhancements that we will focus our development efforts on in the upcoming months, and should be available in the next official release (following the January one that will be available next week), scheduled for May, 2019, will be clarified in the upcoming days.

The TreeView Drag-and-Drop functionality is one of the features that will be considered, but I cannot confirm that it will be scheduled for development for the next release yet. I will update this thread once there is a more definitive information available.

Regards,
Dimiter Topalov
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Srikanth
Posted on: 07 Jan 2019 12:56

Hi,

I have a requirement in angular 4 using TreeView component with Drag and Drop feature. Do we have any update on this.

Thanks in Advance.

surya
Posted on: 04 Jan 2019 18:46

hello,

Are you guys having plans to add this feature to your product pipeline?

Surya

Victor
Posted on: 23 Oct 2018 10:12
Hi, any news about this feature ?
Please let us know if you consider adding it or not.
Many thanks.
Imported User
Posted on: 16 Oct 2018 07:34
I need this feature, any update?
Merlin
Posted on: 25 Jun 2018 07:08
Any update on this?
Gaurav
Posted on: 06 Mar 2018 10:35
I would like to know Do you have any plan to release drag & drop feature for treeview