Completed
Last Updated: 19 Aug 2021 08:10 by ADMIN
samar
Created on: 31 Jan 2018 08:17
Category: TreeView
Type: Feature Request
Kendo Treeview Search
Hi,

I was going through Treeview in angular 5.
What I feel lacking in Treeview is search functionality.

I would be very thankful if you can provide search functionality.

Thanks
20 comments
ADMIN
Martin
Posted on: 19 Aug 2021 08:10

Hi Cyril,

Due to certain component limitations, such a built-in option is not planned to be implemented in the near future. However, we will consider providing a demo on how to filter remote data in TreeView.

Regards,
Martin
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Cyril
Posted on: 12 Aug 2021 14:50

Hi Kendo,

Is there any plan to support filtering for data coming from backend?

We make REST API calls to fetch childrens (on click on the expand arrow).

Example: https://stackblitz.com/edit/angular-61glxd?file=app/app.component.ts

Regards

ADMIN
Martin
Posted on: 18 May 2021 15:54

Hello all,

I am happy to share that the Kendo Angular TreeView component provides built-in filtering functionality. For more details check this article:

https://www.telerik.com/kendo-angular-ui/components/treeview/filtering/#toc-built-in-filtering

Regards,
Martin
Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.

Chris
Posted on: 27 Nov 2020 23:38
+1
ADMIN
Dimiter Topalov
Posted on: 10 Sep 2019 09:23

Hello,

Providing a built-in filtering/search functionality is not a part of our immediate plans, as we will likely focus our development efforts on the much desired Drag-and-Drop functionality, and an initial research on the possibilities for providing a virtual scrolling functionality (still subject to changes) for the 2020 R1 release, scheduled for January.

We are still tracking the interest for a built-in filtering functionality here, but as there is a viable solution, demonstrated in our documentation (linked in previous posts), this feature did not make it into our roadmap for the next few months.

Regards,
Dimiter Topalov
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Cristina
Posted on: 04 Sep 2019 10:57
Any update?
ADMIN
T. Tsonev
Posted on: 12 Apr 2019 11:02
Hello,

An example for implementing this feature is available in Filter the Nodes.

Regards,
T. Tsonev
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Akanksha
Posted on: 10 Apr 2019 20:09
+1
Sofiane
Posted on: 10 Nov 2018 14:54
We were thinking about purchasing may licenses,  but not having a robust tree making us stop and reassess other products. A tree has to have a filter built in
salisbury
Posted on: 08 Nov 2018 17:20
+1
Imported User
Posted on: 20 Oct 2018 12:32
+1 

We have valid license for kendo. If required will share details. We need it there.
Imported User
Posted on: 15 Oct 2018 15:06
+1
we need it, there is any update?
Seyfor
Posted on: 08 Sep 2018 08:29
+1
Imported User
Posted on: 30 May 2018 18:50
I would like this as well. WE have a subscription to kendo
Doron Naveh
Posted on: 23 May 2018 08:28
+1 would really help
Imported User
Posted on: 23 May 2018 07:56
Yes. This is lacking in current version and its a great feature to have if the tree size is huge.
Imported User
Posted on: 23 May 2018 07:55
+1, Search is very important feature
Praveen
Posted on: 23 May 2018 07:53
I think that would be great, if we have this feature added to the Treeview. Which will help in many developers on writing extra code to rebind the data.
Anurag
Posted on: 23 May 2018 07:45
+1.
This is much required and popular functionality. Our Users may not able to find the text manually if the tree size is large.
afruiz
Posted on: 14 May 2018 08:26
+1