Declined
Last Updated: 23 Jan 2024 10:14 by ADMIN
Imported User
Created on: 07 Sep 2017 17:43
Category: Kendo UI for Angular
Type: Feature Request
Sketch Support files
I need access to Sketch support files containing the existing UI elements for Kendo for Angular so that I can create comps for my design. 

Ideally this would be a collection of sketch symbols that match the current Kendo UI design. 
Duplicated Items
12 comments
ADMIN
Antoniya
Posted on: 23 Jan 2024 10:11

Hi everyone,

Currently, our design kits are primarily supported in Figma. We have invested significant resources into optimizing and enhancing the user experience specifically for Figma users. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not offer direct support for design kits in Sketch or Adobe XD.

We understand that this may be a consideration for your workflow, and we want to assure you that we value your feedback. If there is increased demand for Sketch or Adobe XD design files, we will consider expanding our offering.

In the meantime, we encourage you to explore our design kits in Figma. We have also put together a comprehensive Design System documentation guide that might be useful to you. If you have any specific questions or need assistance transitioning to Figma, our support team is ready to help guide you through the process.

Regards, Toni Progress Telerik

Stay tuned by visiting our public roadmap and feedback portal pages! Or perhaps, if you are new to our Kendo family, check out our getting started resources
ADMIN
Carl
Posted on: 27 May 2021 18:11

Hey folks!

I wanted to provide an additional update here for those following this item. This feedback item has evolved a little beyond just Sketch files so I'm using this as a chance to update our users around any design tooling updates that we can provide.

While the news remains the same around the Sketch files, what I can add to the conversation here is that with the R2 2021 release we have been able to provide a set of Figma UI kits related to Kendo UI which you can find here:

Currently there are a lot of different design tools out there and we are attempting to cover as many as we can. With Figma becoming a huge player and rapidly becoming a standard tool across many organizations we wanted to ensure that we could follow this trend as well and shifted our focus to add support for Figma to ensure that we can cover Figma users as well. Much like my previous update, this came from feedback through other various channels of our customers and we wanted to meet this demand as soon as we could.

While these do not cover 100% of all components yet, we are working towards providing full coverage of all UI components within our Figma kits as well.

This also means that we currently have a lot of balls in the air when it comes to design tools (Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, etc.) and our ultimate goal is to provide toolkits for all of these ecosystems. While things have shifted to a more Figma-forward approach, we will continue to work towards supporting as many of these tools as we can.

I will continue to update this thread as we have more information to share.

Regards,
Carl
Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.

ADMIN
Carl
Posted on: 18 Sep 2020 20:40

Hey everyone!

Updating this thread with a bit more information for the folks interested in Sketch files and design-related items in general. I'll also try to be as transparent as possible to ensure that everyone is aware of where we are with Sketch files specifically.

While we initially started creating Sketch files for Kendo UI components we realized through several customer interactions and interviews that additional design tools were used by Kendo UI for Angular users (and with our jQuery, React, and Vue users as well). Throughout these interactions we came to the conclusion that Adobe XD is the most-used tool within our customers and pivoted to create files for Adobe XD.

As a reference, you can find information about the evolution of our Adobe XD files right here in the Kendo UI for Angular docs.

Now, for the folks looking for Sketch files this is understandably less than ideal. We have hinted at these files being released in the past which of course has left several of you waiting. What I can say is that Sketch files are still on the docket, but we are not finished with the XD files and this will have to be completed before we can move on to other tools like Sketch. To give everyone a bit of a realistic time frame, this most likely puts us in to R2 2021 territory.

Again, far from ideal but rather than leave this thread pending I want to make sure that folks are aware of our plans and get a better idea of when Sketch-specific items may be appearing.

Regards,
Carl
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

ADMIN
Svet
Posted on: 11 Aug 2020 11:20

Hi,

Let me provide a bit more details on this case.

The requirement to provide sketch support files is valid for all suits and thus it is more of a general task for all Kendo UI suites rather than only for Kendo UI for Angular. I can confirm that the UX team is still working on this effort, but am not sure if they will be able to release all XD files in the next release. Please track the referenced issue from the public kendo-ux repository for any new updates on it:

https://github.com/telerik/kendo-ux/issues/8

It looks like some beta XD files have already been released. Please feel free to comment within the issue in case you have any further questions or concerns on the topic. Thank you.

Regards,
Svetlin
Progress Telerik

Andrew
Posted on: 07 Aug 2020 18:32

Hi

I am also looking for sketch files for the 3 themes.

Is this something that is due for release?

Many thanks

Andy

Nils
Posted on: 04 Aug 2020 15:13

Hey,

are there any updates on this feature?

How long has it been in development and is it still active?

ADMIN
Dimiter Topalov
Posted on: 11 Feb 2019 08:15
Hello Matthew,

The idea behind this project that we are currently developing is to provide a set of Kendo UI components as Sketch files that will help designers and developers working more efficiently together in building UI based on Kendo. Further details about such collaboration are described in the following Angular Connect talk and the auxiliary blog post:

You can also track this GitHub issue where we will likely add latest updates about our progress in this endeavor:

https://github.com/telerik/kendo-ux/issues/8

There is still no ready-to-test product available, but we will update this thread as soon as there is one.

If everything goes according to plan, the end goal will be to create another product that will combine the current features of the Kendo UI Builder and this Sketch for Kendo library to enable developers to generate and customize applications based on a specific design in the form of Sketch files, but this is still a subject to further research, and the development phase of this project has not started yet.

Regards,
Dimiter Topalov
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Matthew
Posted on: 04 Feb 2019 17:16

Hi - 

Is there a beta of work being done w/ Sketch that could be released? I'm working with a client thats looking at KendoReact and we would need all the UI components available w/ Sketch resources - preferably organized into symbols that could be ported into an existing design system.

- Thanks

ADMIN
Carl
Posted on: 24 Jan 2019 19:03
Hey again everyone,

As an update here: unfortunately we were not able to get the Sketch integration piece released with R1 2019 - but this is still actively being worked on as we speak! I'll be sure to update this thread as we get closer to the release to make sure everyone is kept up-to-date on where we are with working with our UI components in Sketch!

Regards,
Carl
Progress Telerik
ADMIN
Carl
Posted on: 03 Dec 2018 13:36
Hi everyone!

I wanted to jump in her and mention that Sketch integration is currently something that we are working on for the R1 2019 release! As we get closer we'll provide more updates :)

-Carl
John
Posted on: 13 Sep 2018 01:51
How is this the #1 voted feature?  ::eyeroll::
Imported User
Posted on: 30 Jul 2018 23:23
is there any design file that has Kendo design guideline? imagine if you are working in a big organisation where everything has to be designed first and then coded - then that would be necessary to have. We just did a design for office addin with Fabric UI sketch file and then we coded it. Now we are thinking of using Kendo UI but I can't even find Sketch files for it.