Completed
Last Updated: 06 Jun 2023 15:31 by ADMIN
Loke Moon
Created on: 26 Apr 2017 11:04
Category: Grid
Type: Feature Request
Drag and Drop between Grids
http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/controls/data-management/grid/how-to/various/drag-and-drop-rows-between-two-grids
11 comments
ADMIN
Martin
Posted on: 06 Jun 2023 15:31

Hello all,

I am thrilled to announce that the Drag and Drop between Grid feature is not available.

For more details check this article.

Regards,
Martin
Progress Telerik

As of R2 2023, the default icon type will be SVG instead of Font. See this blogpost for more information.
ADMIN
Dimiter Topalov
Posted on: 12 Nov 2021 09:17

Hello Lisa,

The same type of implementation could be customized for dragging any element to a Grid, or any Grid row - to another element outside of the Grid. What is essential for the implementation to work is the said object to be draggable, and associated with some data that could be transferred to a Grid data item upon dropping the dragged item over the Grid. Then the developer can plug the data, associated with the dragged object (chip or other) in the Grid data as they see fit.

Regards,
Dimiter Topalov
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Lisa
Posted on: 09 Nov 2021 16:03
Do you think this could be extended to drag and drop a chip from a chip list into the grid?
To add extra rows>
In other words instead of having two grids side by side the left hand side would be list of chips?
I think the chips just look more draggable!
Just researching this at the moment - devs have not looked at it yet. 
ADMIN
Carl
Posted on: 16 Sep 2021 17:26

Hey folks!

I just wanted to jump in here and mention that with R3 2021 we introduced an official Knowledge Base article that showcases how to use the native HTML Drag and Drop API to accomplish dragging and dropping rows between to Kendo UI for Angular Grids.

Here's a direct link to the "Dragging and Dropping Rows between Grids" KB article, for reference.

I will keep this item open as "Unplanned" for now as we continue to gather feedback, so please let us know what we can do to improve upon this sample and article!

Regards,
Carl
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

ADMIN
Martin
Posted on: 22 Sep 2020 06:38

Hello Tushar,

Currently, such functionality is not supported out of the box, but a similar behavior can be achieved by utilizing the HTML Drag and Drop API as my colleague demonstrates with a StacBlitz example in previous ticket.

Regards,
Martin
Progress Telerik

Five days of Blazor, Angular, React, and Xamarin experts live-coding on twitch.tv/CodeItLive, special prizes, and more, for FREE?! Register now for DevReach 2.0(20).

Tushar
Posted on: 21 Sep 2020 07:43
This I found in jquery that two grid rows can be interchanged. But similar feature not found in kendo. Is there any solution available for interchange of data between grids by drag-drop.
ADMIN
Svet
Posted on: 08 Jul 2019 14:22
Hi,

I have prepared the following example demonstrating how Grid rows can be dragged and dropped to a custom element or to another Grid:
https://stackblitz.com/edit/angular-d3jkhn?file=app/app.component.ts

The example is entirely based on the use of the HTML Drag and Drop API. Indeed, it could be further adjusted in order to satisfy the needs of any custom use case scenario.

We have not yet added the implementation of an official how-to article to our short term goals. Until then the provided example could be used as a base starting point for achieving the desired functionally.

Regards,
Svetlin
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Srinivas
Posted on: 02 Jul 2019 05:21

Hi There, 

Any update on this feature? also, I do not see a how-to feature around this in angular. The desired behaviour need not to be drop to another grid but any other place in the document.

Is it really hard to implement sooner?

ADMIN
Svet
Posted on: 03 May 2019 10:32
Hi,

The required functionality could be implemented using the HTML Drag and Drop API. Indeed, we can provide such how-to example in a future update of our documentation.

Regards,
Svetlin
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tony
Posted on: 27 Apr 2019 03:22
is this really hard to implement?
Luc
Posted on: 06 Jun 2018 12:22
The best should be to be able to drag a row and drop in any dropzone in the application