Declined
Last Updated: 21 Sep 2021 11:30 by ADMIN
Weston
Created on: 17 Dec 2014 16:59
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
Make external icon fonts first class citizens
Kendo has places where you can specify cssSpriteClass, and other places where you can specify the actual icon by name. 

My proposal is to provide a way to say I am using halflings or font awesome or anything else for that matter, and just specify icon "fa fa-play" and its done.

Currently its way too much work to implement kicon wrappers for font awesome fonts, and then they dont work everywhere anyway.
2 comments
ADMIN
Ianko
Posted on: 21 Sep 2021 11:30

Hello to all,

It is an ongoing effort to provide icon properties (to easily use built-in Kendo icons) and provide cssClass attributes to put whatever class you need to and avoid using the k-sprite class. Although this is already fact for most of our components there might be others that are not synced with those properties and it would be nice if you can report the exact components you are interested in improving in terms of rendering so that we can put the effort into those particular items with higher priority. 

Regards,
Ianko
Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.

dandv
Posted on: 31 Dec 2014 11:12
@Weston: I haven't tried this yet, but the demo at http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/web/treeview/how-to/use-font-awesome-icons seems pretty simple?