Completed
Last Updated: 09 Sep 2021 13:52 by ADMIN
Julie
Created on: 22 Aug 2014 09:43
Category: Grid
Type: Feature Request
grid filter options - set a default
For string columns especially, the default type of filter someone would want to apply is not the first option in the list. If it's not possible to reorder the items, then it should be possible to select which item is the default. This would prevent users from having to change the filter every single time.
5 comments
Mahmud Cahid
Posted on: 10 Nov 2016 09:18
Agree with Joe, 
it must be a global option for column.
And also for grid per model dataTypes.
I wrote my own function for columnMenuInit and filterMenuInit that reads defaultFilter options from grids column options and apply it.
Imported User
Posted on: 29 Oct 2015 16:52
I think we need a global option for this, so that we can set the default order of the filter options for all grids, and not have to configure this per grid.
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 26 Aug 2014 11:17
Thank you for the additional input, I see that this concerns the MVC wrapper for the grid. I reverted back the status of the item.

Please in the future reference any previous support discussions you have on this topic, to avoid miscommunication. Thank you for your understanding.
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 26 Aug 2014 11:15
You can customize the order of filter operators for string columns using the filterable.operators.string API configuration:
http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/web/grid#configuration-filterable.operators.string

Alternatively, you can enable filter row for the grid and specify the default filter via the column > filterable > cell > operator value. See this demo for reference:
http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/grid/filter-row
Julie
Posted on: 22 Aug 2014 15:39
I was specifically told in the support ticket I raised for the issue of reordering the items on the filter that it was not possible:
"I am sorry to say that what you are doing is actually not really supported - the order of the items is not guaranteed. We use dictionary data structure to keep the order of the items - so for some reason you are lucky to see that the items are ordered the same way they are added to the dictionary."

We do not want a filter row, hence the need for a default option or for the items to respect the order they are specified in. If using the MVC wrappers is the problem then I shall clarify the request - Filter options should respect the order they are specified in when using the server wrappers to define a grid.