Declined
Last Updated: 14 May 2021 07:58 by ADMIN
Paul
Created on: 20 Jul 2014 01:41
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
allow multiple filter objects in a mobile listview "filterable" configuration object
Extend "filterable" to match the datasource's "filter" (singular, not "filters") configuration option.
3 comments
ADMIN
Viktor Tachev
Posted on: 14 May 2021 07:58

Hello,

We are declining this request due to lack of demand and interest.

Regards,
Viktor Tachev
Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.

Paul
Posted on: 21 Jul 2014 14:34
The idea is about breaking this logical separation, at least as far the filtering is concerned.
What I am proposing is to avoid working with the datasource, as the listView, eventually:
(quote fron the ListView documentation:) "... will remove all previous filter expressions applied to the DataSource"
As an appreciation of the logic behind the separation, I can acknowledge that a listview can only supply one "value" from the use input widget, but an expression using the dataSources fields and that user input could possibly (should?) be specified using the Listview's configuration "filterable" option/object.
If this is not the case, one should either be able to get to the search/filter widget's value or completely ignore the "filterable" option and build the funtionality from scratch.
Thanks for reading this far. Let me know if I could be of further assistance in evaluating this idea.
Regards, Paul
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 21 Jul 2014 12:35
The filterable attribute of the mobile listview defines whether filtering will be enabled for the widget, while you can still specify the actual filters via the attached data source's filter configuration (http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/framework/datasource#configuration-filter). This is due to the logical separation of a filterable widget and actual data source filters applied. 

Does this work for you, or am I missing something from your logic?