Completed
Last Updated: 12 Jun 2023 15:05 by ADMIN
Terry
Created on: 14 Jul 2014 18:07
Category: UI for ASP.NET MVC
Type: Feature Request
Disallow invalid or out of range entries into DatePicker textbox
When a user types 7/8/201x into a DatePicker, 7/8/201 is what ends up getting sent to the server.  I believe an important function of a date-type-specific control or widget is to prevent the entry of bad data.  The picker should not allow the entry of any string that is not a valid date or is outside of the Min-Max range (if specified).  In fact, properly formatted dates typed into the textbox seem to ignore the Min-Max range.

No user entering a date of birth is going to use the month selectors.  He or she will type the date into the textbox.  The datepicker, out of the box, should not allow the entry of invalid or out of range dates. The developer should not need to write a custom validator for behavior that virtually everyone would want.
5 comments
ADMIN
Angel Petrov
Posted on: 12 Jun 2023 15:05

Hi,

This behavior is now supported thus I am marking the item as completed. When setting min and max values the component will only approve a valid real date. 

Regards,
Angel Petrov
Progress Telerik

As of R2 2023, the default icon type will be SVG instead of Font. See this blogpost for more information.

sitefinitysteve
Posted on: 13 Oct 2016 11:31
We have a whole doc article on how to hack this in http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/controls/editors/datetimepicker/how-to/prevent-invalid-values

" behavior that virtually everyone would want." sums it up
sitefinitysteve
Posted on: 08 Oct 2016 04:23
3 Years on and I need to use another kendo date picker and this is still an issue... unreal, but hey, we have React wrappers\Angular wrappers :eyeroll:
Salim
Posted on: 17 Jun 2016 08:29
Also, it should be done on the timepicker control
Salim
Posted on: 17 Jun 2016 08:28
I agree with this, and it should be implemented in Kendo UI javascript controls. Check the following: http://www.igniteui.com/editors/date-picker-overview