Declined
Last Updated: 15 Sep 2021 13:47 by ADMIN
Nariman
Created on: 22 May 2014 12:45
Category: Grid
Type: Feature Request
Grid Keyboard Navigation Problem (please fix)
Hi, Please refer to the following forum for more detail about the problem and my suggestion:
http://www.telerik.com/forums/grid-row-navigation-by-keyboard#ncKqVMBBqUe5ZymNXwpFgg

Summary: I think in Grid widget, there should be difference between selectable="cell" and selectable="row" (for keyboard Up&Down Arrow navigation). or perhaps you want to add another choice, example selectable: "row cell" (to replace the current setting for "row") and the selectable = "row", just select the row not cell and also DO NOT go to grid header!
I believe it's good that you enhance/solve this shortcoming inside the Grid design, because developer like us who has already decided row selection (selectable: "row") during design-time, it doesn't make sense that still the keyboard navigation is at the cell level, isn't it?

Thank you.
1 comment
ADMIN
Angel Petrov
Posted on: 15 Sep 2021 13:47

Hi,

Altering the current behavior of the keyboard navigation would be a breking change which is not desired. We have exposed a handler that can be used to override the default behavior. Here is a sample on how to achieve this. The sample is for the treeview but it can be applied to the grid as well.

Regards,
Angel Petrov
Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.