Completed
Last Updated: 07 Apr 2020 08:55 by ADMIN
Pavel
Created on: 06 May 2014 14:41
Category: Grid
Type: Feature Request
Add "url" option for popup editing in grid
I have a list of entities with a large set of fields, but I don't want to load and display all of them in the grid. Entities have also a couple of complex properties which are displayed via checkbox lists.

Though, I want them to appear when editing a single entity.

For now, I'm using custom "create" and "edit" pages, but it would be great to have an "url" option for popup editing. This url would return some html (MVC partial view in my case) which would be rendered in the popup window.
3 comments
ADMIN
Angel Petrov
Posted on: 07 Apr 2020 08:55

Hi,

The grid popup can be customized to have specific rendering via this option. The MVC and Core wrappers can directly use partial views as an edit form.

Regards,
Angel Petrov
Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
Pavel
Posted on: 07 May 2014 14:14
Thanks for the answer.
If I hide several columns, there are 2 issues:
1) I still have to load them from db to be present in the DataSource
2) What about complex properties? For example, there are customers and mailing groups. On the "Edit customer" page I have a checkbox list to define to which of mailing groups the customer is subscribed. This is required on add/edit page only, not for displaying the customers grid.

So it would be nice to have an option which allows to simply load the popup's html from the server (as it would be done using traditional add and create pages), not to render it on the client.
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 07 May 2014 11:19
Thanks for the suggestion. I assume that you are searching for an option to define a template for the popup edit form, is that right?

Note that for now you can hide some grid columns by setting their hidden attribute (http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/web/grid#configuration-columns.hidden). Thus they won't be displayed in the grid table, but their data will be editable via the popup editor.