Completed
Last Updated: 13 Jan 2016 09:31 by ADMIN
Mike
Created on: 21 Apr 2014 15:47
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
Autoscroll when Sortable Widget is implemented on scrollable container
Using the Sortable Widget on a Grid works great to allow the user to manually sort the grid rows.  But if the grid has a vertical scrollbar, the  user has to drop the row multiple times to get a row from the top of the grid to the bottom.  It would be nice if the grid would Autoscroll when the user gets to bottom of the viewable grid.

Thanks,
Mike
13 comments
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 13 Jan 2016 09:31
Please file this report along with the sample you referenced via our forums or support system at telerik.com, Alex. Thus my colleagues from the devteam will address it promptly, thanks for your cooperation.
Alexander
Posted on: 12 Jan 2016 15:19
Feature is not working in Firefox: http://dojo.telerik.com/ULuso
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 24 Jun 2015 15:51
Shipped in Q2 2015
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 14 Apr 2015 16:57
Thanks for the feedback, Jason. We'll have this detail in mind.
Rijas
Posted on: 10 Apr 2015 07:02
pls help.. i need auto scrolling to be enabled 
Imported User
Posted on: 09 Apr 2015 19:09
Please ensure that the container continues to scroll even if the user is not generating mouse move events, while the drag item is being dragged out of the container boundary. 

Here is some code I implemented that does this. The container scrolls faster if the drag item is pulled farther away from the container boundary.

See http://plnkr.co/edit/fRxmpTv8Ko27XAATegZI?p=preview
Shawn
Posted on: 09 Feb 2015 16:11
Just want to give vote on this. In my use case, lack of support for scrolling makes this control almost useless.
Imported User
Posted on: 28 Jan 2015 13:46
Hi folks. I'd definitely appreciate this kind of behaviour. We have sortable taking place in some items - with the overall document length being long enough that the user has to scroll to see everything. Not being able to drag items to any position in the list other than what's visible when dragging starts is problematic.
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 09 Sep 2014 15:35
We are monitoring the interest in this feature, and the more votes it receives, the higher in our priority list it shifts. There's no definite timeframe for it yet.
Eoin
Posted on: 08 Sep 2014 17:34
Has there been any movement on this? 
How many votes are required until something gets worked on?
Chandra
Posted on: 02 Sep 2014 07:26
It will be really appreciated if this feature is included in the near release.
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 30 Apr 2014 10:08
Correct, this request will be taken into consideration when the sortable widget is used on any scrollable container, and not only the grid. Thanks for the additional feedback.
Imported User
Posted on: 29 Apr 2014 22:24
Same should apply in non grid mode? If I have a sortable in a div and drag to edge of page then it should continue to drag downward and scroll page. We have 100 items in a sortable and just noticed it doesn't allow you to put something from end to start without putting it in middle first and then scrolling page up