Completed
Last Updated: 24 Jan 2020 16:42 by ADMIN
Adrian
Created on: 08 Apr 2014 09:48
Category: Chart
Type: Feature Request
Dataviz chart click events expose e.event.originalEvent
As per support ticket 806897

Telerik: "By design both seriesClick and plotAreaClick events of Kendo UI Chart  don't contain information about the clicked button or mouse coordinates. We will appreciate it if you submit this idea as a feature request at our UserVoice portal - this way the community would be able to evaluate it and if the suggestion gains popularity we will consider its implementation for future releases."

Original request:

We are using mvvm binding to your Chart events

seriesClick
plotAreaClick

both of these events I am unable to determine which mouse button caused the click.

Is is possible or should I raise a user-voice for this?

I want to run different code if the user right-clicked or if the user normal clicked on the chart.

I would also like to know the x,y pixel position of the mouse (or tap, or tap-hold) event because depending if they interact with the top of a bar chart bar or the bottom I want to run different code...

I cannot find any of this information in the event object.

When I wrap the chart in a data-role touch widget and use the touch widgets event handling I can get this information, but it would be better that the chart events make this available.
2 comments
ADMIN
Alex Hajigeorgieva
Posted on: 24 Jan 2020 16:42

Hi,

Both have the original event as part of the event data:

https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/javascript/dataviz/ui/chart/events/plotareaclick

https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/javascript/dataviz/ui/chart/events/seriesclick

Regards,
Alex Hajigeorgieva
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Mike
Posted on: 28 Apr 2014 16:14
Being able to determine if a user right clicked or left clicked on a series or the plot area would be very valuable.  As Adrian pointed out, it can allow us to provide one type of functionality on left click and something like a context menu on a right click.