Declined
Last Updated: 07 Jun 2021 13:08 by ADMIN
Imported User
Created on: 04 Apr 2014 10:41
Category: MVVM
Type: Feature Request
MVVM Binding ViewModel Source
It would be nice if it will be possible to bind multiple viewmodel to a single DOM container. Like xaml binding in witch you can specify a "Binding Source" adding a simple way to specify different viewmodel can help in many real situation. The solution can be accomplished very easily. If you introduce an override of kendo.bind in witch u can specify a key string for identify a viewmodel then with a data attribute or a custom binding you can filter when activate or not the bindings. 
3 comments
ADMIN
Viktor Tachev
Posted on: 07 Jun 2021 13:08

Hello,

We are declining this request due to low interest and demand.

Regards,
Viktor Tachev
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Imported User
Posted on: 04 Apr 2014 15:46
sorry probably i havent explained well what i mean. i wanna have, as result, 2 or more "observable" viewmodel object still binded to a single dom container. That could be, for example, the result of view/partial view composition (cascade composition) into a single container where each view has it own viewmodel object and i dont wanna care if each view container is separate. I know i can merge many viewmodel into a single one and then "fix" the binding paths and call a single kendo.bind invocation but maybe you can add this feature in a similar way of xaml source bindings. 

like {Binding Source={StaticResource myDataSource}, Path=PersonName}

where you can specify the path of binding but also a different source.
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 04 Apr 2014 15:03
Thank you for the feedback.

Given the description you provided, wouldn't this be possible by invoking the unbind method of the framework (http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/framework/kendo#methods-unbind) and then 'attach' the new view model with the bind method?

Let me know if I am leaving something out.