Completed
Last Updated: 24 Jan 2017 17:25 by Gesly
Neil
Created on: 26 Mar 2014 09:10
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
Looks are not enough... Performance please !!!
Looks are not enough... Performance please !!!

Besides reasonable funcitonality and good html5 looks we really need to start hinking about how to bring this to a new level of performance. Data's getting bigger and bigger but the charting tool hasnt up'ed their level in handleing that data. Please review and increase the cap of how many point a simple bar chart can handle...Example?
try plotting 4k points ( x axis being 0 or 1 and y axis jsut a count from 1 - 4k) using a bar chart. One of them might be reasonable but what if you have 5 of them or more on the same page ? 
Ambitious ? Stupid ? Not needed  ? probably because one doesn't need to deal with that kind of data, but I promise to any analyst that that day will come !!!
3 comments
Gesly
Posted on: 24 Jan 2017 17:25
I agree with the feedback here that chart performance is lacking. I've seen similar issues with large number of data points on line charts. 
1. The chart has a significant load time.
2. Memory consumption is high
3. The fact that Kendo UI charts lack the capability to do partial redraws compounds the issue.
ADMIN
Petyo
Posted on: 10 May 2016 07:57
Throughout our recent releases, we managed to update the performance in plenty of cases. In case you are facing a bottleneck in a specific case, the recommended course of action would be to isolate it in our Dojo and submit a ticket though our support system. Thanks!
Andrew
Posted on: 02 Apr 2014 16:42
Interesting... Using Chrome for Android on Nexus 10, that specific DataViz Chart benchmark is twice as fast in SVG mode than with Canvas (9 FPS versus 4-5).