Unplanned
Last Updated: 01 Feb 2023 14:41 by Eric Mooiweer
Danny
Created on: 25 Mar 2014 11:25
Category: TabStrip
Type: Feature Request
Add ability to pass parameters via javascript for load on demand TabStrip
Add ability to pass dynamic parameters for load on demand tabs - 
similar functionality to the DataSource Read Data option which allows additional parameters to be returned via a javascript function.
8 comments
Eric Mooiweer
Posted on: 01 Feb 2023 14:41

This would be a logical extension and inline with similar functionality with other controls. Having to change approaches is a major drawback and invites longer throughput times and errors.

For a solution that prides itself on enhancing developer productivity a no go.

Please PLAN and add soonest

Francis
Posted on: 11 Feb 2022 13:37
I agree with Danny. Also, would like to be able to specify the type of call (POST instead of the default GET).  All controls should provide consistent API for ajax or content loading. There is a forum post in which there is a partial implementation of POST via jQuery ajax, however the implementation left out the update of the tab in the success handler. I found preventing the default behavior interfered with the rendering and activating the clicked tab.
ADMIN
Ivan Danchev
Posted on: 27 Feb 2020 12:58

Hello,

I've changed the feature request's status from "Completed" to "Unplanned", since the requested "Data" option (similar to the one the dataSource has) is currently not available for the TabStrip's tabs.

There is an alternative way to send additional parameters through the LoadContentFrom method, e.g.:

.LoadContentFrom("Tab1Action", "Home", new { shipName = "Value1", freight = "Value2" });

Regards,
Ivan Danchev
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Sathischandar
Posted on: 20 Feb 2020 16:08
Is this issue resolved? 
Vasim
Posted on: 16 Jul 2018 15:11
Like Danny mention, we too use LoadContentFrom and would prefer to have something like the grid  Data("JavascriptFunctionToGetParamaters")) and then reload the Tab with javascript; instead of manually refresh the content with $.ajax
Danny
Posted on: 07 Apr 2017 02:51
Just moved to the latest version however I can't see any difference.  As per my original follow up comment we use LoadContentFrom via the MVC wrappers.  I was expecting to do something similar to reading grid data were parameters can be passed via a javascript function:

Read(read => read.Action("_Grid", "Test").Data("Grid_OnDataBinding"))
ADMIN
Petyo
Posted on: 06 Feb 2017 12:31
shipped - check http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/javascript/ui/tabstrip#configuration-contentUrls
Danny
Posted on: 31 Mar 2014 12:42
This does not fulfil my requirement - I don't want to define the tabs using data binding, I am referring to tabs defined with LoadContentFrom 

What I am suggesting is the ability to define a javascript function to allow additional parameters to be passed which would be called when a tab defined using LoadContentFrom is selected .

See Support ID:801671