Declined
Last Updated: 17 Dec 2019 17:09 by ADMIN
WingMan2010
Created on: 21 Jan 2014 15:09
Category: DropDownList
Type: Feature Request
Accent Folding for kendo combo box
to have Accent Folding support for kendo combo box. We are using generic html/Jquery to do this now. Is there a work around or and any suggestions.
7 comments
ADMIN
Ivan Danchev
Posted on: 17 Dec 2019 17:09

Hello,

We are closing this feature request due to lack of interest and low activity.

Regards,
Ivan Danchev
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
balazs
Posted on: 09 Sep 2015 09:25
combobox = e.sender.input
dropdown = e.sender.filterInput
balazs
Posted on: 09 Sep 2015 09:24
What i did was the code below. But with ComboBox theres a downside (see my another post in this "idea"/issue).

function onFiltering(e) {
    console.log('filtering');

e.preventDefault();
    var v = e.sender.input.val();

var newFilter =
    {
        logic: 'or',
        filters: [
            { field: 'Nazov', operator: 'startswith', value: v },
            { field: 'Special', operator: 'startswith', value: v }
        ]
    };

e.sender.dataSource.filter(newFilter);
}
"
balazs
Posted on: 09 Sep 2015 09:22
I've achieved accent folding with an additional property where i've stored text without accent. The downside of it was that auto-suggest and highlight first somehow did not behaved as they should.
balazs
Posted on: 31 Aug 2015 20:14
By default neither selectize.js supported accent insensitive search, but having the possibility to override the scoring function, it was easy to implement...
balazs
Posted on: 31 Aug 2015 20:13
Please add a function to override default client side search, so we can add accent insensitive search.

I moved from selectize.js where some function was easier:
1) template (f.e. when new item is entered - added just a function: return '<div class="create">Other value: <strong>' + escape(data.input) + '</strong>&hellip;</div>';
2) score: function (search) { ... }
3) ability to define opt groups and depending on the value use an other string/template to display)
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 24 Jan 2014 15:43
Thank you for the suggestion. You may interested in the solution proposed in this forum thread: 
http://www.kendoui.com/forums/kendo-ui-complete-for-asp-net-mvc/combobox/accent-folding-for-kendo-combo-box.aspx#boM6966aG2OF1P8AAFTdxQ