Unplanned
Last Updated: 01 Jul 2021 11:39 by ADMIN
gunnisen
Created on: 31 Oct 2013 10:33
Category: Scheduler
Type: Feature Request
Consider changing scheduler behavior regarding exceptions from recurring events
Currently, if you create a recurring event, then edit a single occurrence (make an exception), and then later edit the series, the exception will be lost.

Let's say you've booked a room from 10 - 12 every Tuesday for the next year, then edit a single occurrence maybe two months ahead, and then later need to perhaps correct a spelling error in  the series title. The edit you made to the single occurrence would then be lost, and that's not so easily spotted...

I would suggest letting the user decide whether or not to delete exceptions from the series when the series is edited.
2 comments
Zohar
Posted on: 06 Oct 2014 21:02
In addition to prompting the user and letting them know what their action is about to do, it would be useful to have an option that can be set during initialization of the scheduler that would disable exception deletion.

For example I would like to use kendo to schedule appointments. I have recurring events that represents a doctor's available time-slots. To schedule an appointment one clicks on a time-slot and creates an exception to the time-slot which is an appointment. 

Now imagine what would happen if somebody changes the title of the recurring event. It would delete all the appointments in my database, which is obviously not acceptable.
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 05 Mar 2014 10:21
I discussed the matter with our developers and they explained this behavior is by design.

We'll discuss further whether this behavior should be modified in a future version and will follow the votes in this thread to gauge the interest in that.