Completed
Last Updated: 03 Feb 2017 10:56 by ADMIN
icebits
Created on: 07 Oct 2013 12:25
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
Use icon font instead of sprites in web
Very hard to coloring the icon (only black and white if using sprites). I need to color the icon especially during validation when invalid. And second, I also want standardize icon in my project with glyphicons.
6 comments
ADMIN
Petyo
Posted on: 03 Feb 2017 10:56
Shipped - http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/styles-and-layout/icons-web
Vasim
Posted on: 04 Jul 2015 01:51
Coloring the icons would be great for indicators, for example when the grid has a filter coloring the funnel icon would be great instead of coloring the background
Jacob
Posted on: 12 Jun 2015 17:42
We would love font icons as well instead of a sprite.  We would most appreciate the ability to use our existing icon font (to prevent having multiple fonts on a page).  This could be enabled through some icon class name mapping from Kendo's icon names to ours. 
Andrew
Posted on: 25 Feb 2014 03:50
Browser support is very good:

http://caniuse.com/fontface
Andrew
Posted on: 24 Feb 2014 09:16
Sprites can also be broken when a page uses

<meta name="viewport" content="width / device-width / user-scalable, etc> (very useful for responsive apps).

Icon fonts are more reliable. The alignment and scaling of sprites can look ordinary unless you use the perfect font size/padding, etc - whilst font icons just work!

Already implemented for Mobile...how hard can this be!?
Jeremy
Posted on: 24 Jan 2014 16:31
This is becoming a must. It is a GIANT pain to change the styling of the icons. Especially since there is no way to do it aside from writing custom CSS and creating new sprites. Which has ALWAYS broken when we update to the newest version of Kendo. 

There is no reason why this can't be done. It would also make it easier on your dev team, because it would require much less CSS and would give us the ability to easily style or change icons as needed using another set of icons if we choose to do that.