Need More Info
Last Updated: 08 Feb 2022 07:13 by ADMIN
sitefinitysteve
Created on: 04 Oct 2013 13:47
Category: MVVM
Type: Feature Request
MVVM Change Templates
When a template is declaratively bound in the markup there is currently no way to change it.

In order to make our app changeable by the owners of the data.  We're trying to make everything somewhat generic.  So Ajax call happens, they can provide us with the data and template to use.

However with MVVM there isn't any way for us to actually USE that template.

Steve
3 comments
ADMIN
Maria Ivanova
Posted on: 08 Feb 2022 07:13

Hey Folks,

We would like to validate the potential of this item for our 2022 product planning. We will appreciate your comments and input on the item in the coming month. Without additional input from your side, we are not able to analyze and consider it for the backlog.

Your feedback is highly appreciated and looking forward to it.

Kind Regards, Maria VeledinovaPM at Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.

ADMIN
Ianko
Posted on: 28 May 2021 09:54

Hello,

Can you provide more details about your requirement? If I understand you correctly, you need to have a dynamic template bound to the model where both are provided via an ajax call. 

Can you share some concepts or ideas for the syntax and share what syntax in the Kendo MVVM would best work for your case? 

Regards,
Ianko
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Imported User
Posted on: 26 Nov 2014 10:33
I'd be curious to know more about this as I have a generic odata endpoint that I have bound kendo driven generic views from and it works pretty well.