Completed
Last Updated: 20 Nov 2014 19:22 by ADMIN
Zachary
Created on: 21 Aug 2013 18:13
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
Drawer widget: option to disable opening via swipe
The drawer widget can be opened either via a button click or the user swiping anywhere. Our users consider this unexpected behavior, and often wonder what they are looking at after an accidental swipe.
7 comments
Jose
Posted on: 03 Jul 2014 04:57
I guess it's not bad. I do expect to open drawer swiping. It depends on where you tap to start swiping. Look at the Gmail App. If you swipe from the very left it  shows smoothly its drawer, but if you swipe from just a bit more central point it swipes to archive the message.
Jim
Posted on: 30 Oct 2013 22:34
+1 I need this as well, I want to add a drawer control to a view that has a map on it. When you pan right it opens the drawer while panning the map. When you pan left it closes the drawer while panning the map. Not exactly what my users are after, so for now I can't use the drawer control until the ability to disable opening via swipe.
Brian
Posted on: 15 Oct 2013 21:43
+1
ADMIN
Brandon
Posted on: 27 Sep 2013 20:45
@john swipe to go back in iOS 7 is not configurable, so we've had to disable it for iOS 7, by default.
JohnVS
Posted on: 27 Sep 2013 20:22
Also, in iOS 7, swipe right now browses back in Safari, so when someone tries to open the Drawer, the browser steps back.
Reuben
Posted on: 26 Sep 2013 05:14
Swiping to open the drawer also fires a tap/click event on a list item in the main view.  Not good!
Imported User
Posted on: 29 Aug 2013 18:31
I would like that feature as well. In one of my views, I have a map that is draggable, when you move it around, the drawer opens. Being able to disable the swipe to open on that particular view or all views would be great.