I suggest you ...

Fully support MVVM on all widgets

MVVM is still lacking some of the capability that is provided by the standard widgets. For example a tooltip cannot bind it's content property to a function in a viewmodel.

202 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joshua GrippoJoshua Grippo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BillyBilly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The data-min and data-max attributes are also not supported on the date picker.

• Collin SchneiderCollin Schneider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've had a lot of trouble with Knockout in general and I find it an underwhelming internal code structure too. I'd really like to see the Kendo team step up their game and get MVVM working better, more like AngularJS in some ways.

• Ryan FilpiRyan Filpi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had a lot of success with knockout.js and the knockout-kendo plug-in from the Kendo Labs in lieu of Kendo's implementation of MVVM. I am disappointed to see that the third party plug-in has far more functionality and is more robust than the first-party MVVM offering. I agree with a previous commenter that at this point MVVM seems like an afterthought.

• Matt FreemanMatt Freeman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MVVM seems an after thought, I shudder to think of all the nasty jquery horrors involved in programmatic ally wiring up a view which seems to be the advocated way (i.e. all the online examples).

• Joshua GrippoJoshua Grippo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just found out that the certain data- attributes are not supported for the grid. for example, I cannot bind to data-editable. ugh

Feedback and Knowledge Base