Completed
Last Updated: 30 Oct 2017 16:23 by ADMIN
ADMIN
Stoich
Created on: 31 Jul 2013 20:16
Category: Grid
Type: Feature Request
Property to make first sort direction in Grid be Descending instead of Ascending
Currently we do not have the ability for descending to be first. It's either one, both in the asc/desc order, or none. You can changed the setting in the kendo javascript file but it'd be useful to have it be a property.
15 comments
Imported User
Posted on: 30 Oct 2017 16:21
+1
ADMIN
Petyo
Posted on: 07 Oct 2016 12:03
Hi everyone, 

this feature is ready, we will ship it in R1 2017. Marking as complete, so your votes are free. Thank you for the feedback!
Imported User
Posted on: 07 Jul 2016 11:14
+1 this would be a really useful feature to configure ourselves at runtime.
Imported User
Posted on: 13 May 2016 19:53
When a user first clicks on a column in a list to sort we need to be smart about the correct initial order. For example a column with text should sort A-Z, however, a numeric column should sort high-low. This is more often the expected behavior. Date columns
General Rules for sorting on first click:
Text Columns - Sort A to Z
Number Columns - Sort high to low
Date Columns - Sort recent to oldest
Imported User
Posted on: 13 May 2016 19:50
Please do add this feature ASAP!!!!
Imported User
Posted on: 04 Feb 2016 22:27
Configurable sorting please, hopefully with Grid Default Sort config (without having to sort the DataSource.)
Imported User
Posted on: 18 Jan 2016 08:13
Please do add this feature ASAP!!!!
sai
Posted on: 15 Sep 2015 14:40
When clicking on a grid column header which is sortable, the first click will sort asc, then the second click on the header will sort desc and a third click will cancel the sort

is there any way to reverse this order so the first click will sort desc, second click asc and last click no sort?
Frederic
Posted on: 25 May 2015 16:05
Imagine we have a "task list", with a column "last_update_date", it's clear that, if I click on that column, I want it "order by DESC" by default. So, I also request that feature.  But, we need it "by-column", not a global setting to the whole grid.
Rakesh
Posted on: 06 Apr 2015 19:57
This feature will be helpful to specify sort order for numbers/strings/date as per the requirements.
Shailendra
Posted on: 23 Dec 2014 05:27
Please consider providing this feature, to me it appears a basic one, having a grid displaying data with few columns with count, customer will be interested to see the top values first on each click. I thought it would be configurable easily. Surprised to know it does not exist in current product.
Smitty
Posted on: 04 Dec 2014 16:42
We are interested in this feature as well.
Imported User
Posted on: 21 Nov 2014 09:24
We are very interested in this feature too
Deej
Posted on: 16 Oct 2013 20:28
Also should be able to disable either descending or ascending sort so for example it would just do a descending sort and then unsort.
Imported User
Posted on: 03 Oct 2013 15:16
It would be great if this property was added, so that the first click of the column header sorts the data descending.