Completed
Last Updated: 06 Apr 2021 13:51 by ADMIN
Christopher
Created on: 01 Jul 2013 18:31
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
Turn cursor into pointer (hand) when hovering over column chart series label
For a column chart, both the column and its (optional) label can be clicked and wired up with seriesClick. However, the cursor only turns into a pointer (hand) when hovering over the column; it does not do this for the label above, even though it's active. I'd like this to be consistent, and thus have hovering over the label turn the cursor into a pointer as well.
5 comments
Das, Avijit
Posted on: 09 May 2018 13:04
I am voting for this. I really did not understood the thinking behind giving a AxisLabelClick event for axis labels but not giving the proper cursor. This looks very silly to me. 
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 14 Sep 2015 08:09
@Morgan - crosshair support is available and it's different from what's requested here. 

@All, you feedback will be forwarded to our devteam to be considered for future releases.
Eric Stevens
Posted on: 12 Sep 2015 03:08
I need this feature, too.   But I need teh decision to show a pointer or not to be based on a javascript callback, similar to seriesHover.    In fact, I tried to get this to work by adding this line to seriesHover, but it would not work for column charts.

seriesHover: function(e) {   e.element[0].style.cursor = 'pointer'; }
Morgan
Posted on: 23 Jan 2015 13:56
This was posted here: http://kendoui-feedback.telerik.com/forums/127393-telerik-kendo-ui-feedback/suggestions/3542539-show-pointer-cursor-when-hovering-over-bars-in-cha and claimed to be 'COMPLETED', but it certainly was not completed. This is very important and incredibly basic functionality (developers should always be able to control the mouse cursor!).
T
Posted on: 10 Dec 2013 16:18
I'd like to see the cursor to a hand on any clickable object on the chart. If I had more votes I would vote up