Completed
Last Updated: 01 Jul 2015 08:35 by ADMIN
Maulik
Created on: 03 May 2013 11:29
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
Add Excel Auto filter(Multiselect checkboxes) or DevExpress Filter
Although Kendo has fency filters with different operators (StartsWith, Contains) on different columns based on data type, Most business users  like to have excel AutoFilter(Multi select checkbox) where they can choose what companies, countries they want to see

You can see a live demo here at - select company, country or any other column.
http://demos.devexpress.com/MVC/GridView/Filtering
11 comments
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 01 Jul 2015 08:35
Search functionality is not included in this feature, Tino.
Tino
Posted on: 30 Jun 2015 13:09
Where is search? Like in Excel.
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 25 Mar 2015 11:05
Introduced in Q1 2015, see demo here:
http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/grid/filter-multi-checkboxes
Nick
Posted on: 24 Nov 2014 03:51
Hi Guys, I think this is something that needs to be able to be configured for each indvidual column on the grid. Some fields we have in our grids have a big whack of text in them. Others are numerical with any possible number ranging from 1 to more than a 1,000,000. For columns with this kind of data in them, the existing filters are what we want.

That said, we also have a number of columns that have an enumerated set of data - in which case the excel style filters would be far more useable. If it can be configured per column, this will be great.
Imported User
Posted on: 01 Apr 2014 17:33
This is by far the biggest headache my clients encounter with the UI... couldn't agree more with the comments below: this is a MUST.
Imported User
Posted on: 31 Mar 2014 20:50
I concur with all comments below - the filtering logic of Excel is what 99% of business users expect to see I can't believe this isn't higher up the list
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 07 Mar 2014 15:01
Thanks  for the feedback, I'll take it to our devteam to mull it over.
Imported User
Posted on: 03 Mar 2014 11:35
This feature is a MUST, and I wonder why Kendo has not been made from the beginning this way... 

How many normal users are actually willing to use the complex filter for what should be a "don't make me think" feature? 

This seems to be the classic scenario in which the programmers said: ok, let's do it like this because it gives the users flexibility. Simplicity was sacrificed for the sake of "more powerful features" which clutter the experience and make things harder to use.

Please prioritize this accordingly, and don't ruin the thrust gained by you so hard over the years.
Joe
Posted on: 25 Jan 2014 04:24
Really thinking about leaving telerik for devexpress for this very feature.  Please implement this. 
Imported User
Posted on: 04 Dec 2013 16:34
I have a few enhancements for this suggestion:
1. All option selected should filter based on "or" logic.
    i.e. Checking the filter options "Thing 1", and "Thing 2" filters out all other rows 
          without "Thing 1", OR "Thing 2".
2. The current filter options (Starts with, Is equal to, Is not equal to) really don't apply since you 
    are looking for an item (or items) in the dataset.
3. A Multiselect (kendoMultiSelect) is a visually attractive alternative to checkboxes. Having the 
    ability to specify either checkbox or multi select would be a very powerful feature!
4. Ideally this change would be incorporated into the JSP wrapper 
    (under grid-column-filterable-ui).
Maulik
Posted on: 03 May 2013 15:18
Ideally, Kendo Multiselect control should work as filter column in Kendo Grid so user can select multiple filter values and they are seamlessly available under DataSourceRequest object