Telerik Kendo UI Feedback

Telerik Kendo UI is a modern HTML5, jQuery-based framework that provides everything you need to build web and mobile sites/apps with HTML and JavaScript. It is provided in three parts: Kendo UI Web, DataViz, and Mobile, and also includes server-side wrappers for ASP.NET MVC, JSP and PHP frameworks.

Download a free Kendo UI Trial
Try Kendo UI Online Demos

Help make Telerik Kendo UI better by sharing and voting on ideas here! Deal? Cool. Thanks.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. The text binding is not supported by the DatePicker widget

I'd like the formatted "text" property of the DatePicker widget to be bindable to a model. The DatePicker widget currently supports the value binding.

This way the model would contain the same string value entered by a user and not a javascript date object.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Data Binding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Customize scrollbars with your themes

Especially with dark themes such as Metro Black, the traditional browser scrollbar does not really fit. I know scrollbar customization is not available in all browsers, but no fallback support is required (as the css is simply ignored by these browsers), and I believe it would greatly benefit users of the browsers that are supported.

44 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • need offline documentation

Hi Kendo UI Team,

maybe in the future, you can add offline documentation bundled with the downloaded package, i think it would be nice, thanks

21 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Kendo UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Kendo UI Map control marker select tool

What I want to do is click with the mouse and draw a rectangle on the map, around one or more markers, to select all the markers in the rectangle. I've seen this done on other map controls by being able to select what happens when the user clicks on the map and moves the mouse.

User selects "Pan" (usually from a tool bar) - this is the standard behavior now
          click on the map and move the mouse - map pans / moves with the mouse

User selects "Rectangle"
          click on the map, hold down the left mouse button,…

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Kendo UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Add spell check to Kendo UI editors

I'm resurrecting this on the suggestion of Todd Anglin. An earlier request for this feature was declined because modern browsers include spell check.

However, there are many use cases where this is no use. In my particular case I need:

- Spell Check to work in IE8
            - Custom (and programmatically accessible) dictionaries
            - The ability to programmatically turn spell check on/off on a field by field basis

86 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Kendo UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Add image crop and edit tools similar to the asp.Net ajax editor

We build a project on Kendo, and incorrectly assumed we would see similar levels of tools in the ditor as per the ASP.Net ajax implementation. We were surprised to find the image editor was not available. I guess I dont really understand why you couldnt call the existing functionality from the server side using Ajax as a fast way to beef up the functionality for Kendo?

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Kendo UI Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • In a navigatable grid with row selection mode, It should be possible to focus row using arrow keys (up or down) instead of spacebar

In a navigatable grid with row selection mode, It should be possible to focus row using arrow keys (up or down) instead of space bar.

Right now when user press arrow keys, only once cell is being highlighted and focused. If user wants to highlight that row then he needs to press spacebar.

this behavior is confusing for end user.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Make an example/blog post about Kendo UI Web + Facebook React

React uses a declarative paradigm that makes it easier to reason about a JavaScript application. React computes the minimal set of changes necessary to keep your DOM up-to-date.

Kendo UI seems not to have such an update feature. But since React works with most libraries and frameworks, please create an example app with React or make a blog post about how to use React together with Kendo UI Web.

54 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Kendo UI Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • SPA View Locator and Collector

Hi,
                    i think SPA View needs to be extended with tools to dynamically load new view template/scripts for scenarios (if already loaded dont call server load) in with there are many views that cannot be loaded af first time. Maybe it could implement it as a sort of view datasource for example based on server side with web-api or similar. It can be also extended with a binding for initial view script execution. It will be interesting also the ability of collect rendered or loaded view to quick reuse them with switch transition (extend layout switch with animation switch).

147 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      under review  ·  0 comments  ·  SPA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Add a small nanoscopic progress bar

Add a small nanoscopic progress bar featuring realistic trickle animations to convince your users that something is happening. This would be perfect for Turbolinks, Pjax, and other Ajax-heavy SPA's.

More infos: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6246183

20 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  SPA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • 3D option for Funnel Chart

The new funnel in the Q3 release is great, but it looks very flat.
                        It would be great to have a more 3D look.

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Kendo UI DataViz  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Slider range with custom ticks

I want that slider stops only on available values... for example 1,2, 4, 8..
                          I want set this values passing an array to the values property.

9 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Consider changing scheduler behavior regarding exceptions from recurring events

Currently, if you create a recurring event, then edit a single occurrence (make an exception), and then later edit the series, the exception will be lost.

Let's say you've booked a room from 10 - 12 every Tuesday for the next year, then edit a single occurrence maybe two months ahead, and then later need to perhaps correct a spelling error in the series title. The edit you made to the single occurrence would then be lost, and that's not so easily spotted...

I would suggest letting the user decide whether or not to delete exceptions from the series when…

4 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

I discussed the matter with our developers and they explained this behavior is by design.

We’ll discuss further whether this behavior should be modified in a future version and will follow the votes in this thread to gauge the interest in that.

• Use .children() instead of ">" in jQuery selectors

We were recently going to upgrade from Kendo 2012Q2 to 2013Q1. Unfortunately we can't because we require support for IE8+.

Our issue is the grid's dataItem method. In IE, it's just too slow. In order to use the newer version of Kendo, we have to upgrade to jQuery 1.9.1 (supplied in the Kendo package). In some cases, the selectors you are using are 13x slower than they were in jQuery 1.7.1.

http://jsperf.com/jquery-1-9-performance-issues

In the dataItem method, you're using the ">" selector instead of children. This, coupled with :not causes this method to crawl.

In the jsperf test I linked above,…

56 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Allow Scheduler to have an EndTime after midnight

Some schedules require appointments that exceed midnight (for discussion's sake, a company that operates night shifts to accommodate customers on the other side of the world). In this case I would like the "Monday" column to start at Monday 6pm to Tuesday 7am.

This is instantly doable in WPF RadScheduleView by setting the property. I would expect this to be useful here as well, since there's an EndTime property it just needs to be expanded to display appointments correctly.

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • When user clicks to open a popover, any other open popovers should be closed

When multiple popovers are supported, clicking on a button to open popover1 should automatically close popover2. Your popover demo demonstrates the problem, but bypasses the pain point by positioning the popover buttons on opposite sides of the form. Often multiple buttons on a Nav bar will cause popovers, which will overwrite portions of each other when multiple are displayed simultaneously. I tried a quick workaround, which didn't work.

6 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Add RadScheduler functionality to Kendo Scheduler to allow resourceplanning

I need a resourceplanning scheduler, with horizontal grouping like http://demos.kendoui.com/web/scheduler/resources-grouping-horizontal.html

But I don't want one calendar for each resource like the mentioned example does. I only want one calendar displayed, but each day will provide one column for each resource.
                                    RadScheduler has an exact example here - http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/scheduler/examples/resourcegrouping/defaultcs.aspx (check both "group by speaker" and "group by date" and then select week view).

But this is not possible with Kendo scheduler and it's not in the pipeline as of nov. 19. 2013.
                                    Buy supporting the same possibilities as RadScheduler it would allow a "one glance" resourcescheduler - it would be easy…

3 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Add a search option to the header/footer of the grid

Give the developer an option to show a search field in the grid. This option should be configurable so we could chose which column(s) to search in. With a single keyword the user would be able to get a specific row.

6 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  ASP.NET MVC Wrappers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion, I will pass it to our devteam.

A possible option for you at this point would be to utilize the grid’s toolbar template for inject this search box and perform search based on your custom logic.

• Customization of Grid Scrollbars

It would be great to have a couple of CSS classes to do customization of the style of scrollbars in Kendo UI Web controls (multi-browser) because otherwise its really complicated to integrate javascript plugins to do this in the Kendo UI structure.

4 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Shared Data Source with individual filters per component

Add functionality that will allow adding shared datasource to multiple components with individual filters.

This way we will be able to have one data source and multiple grids showing different part od data.

5 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Data Source  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          1 2 8 10 12 40 41
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base