Completed
Last Updated: 17 Sep 2020 19:16 by Jacob
Release 2020.R3
Alexandr
Created on: 11 Aug 2015 09:11
Category: TreeList
Type: Feature Request
Make drag&drop behaviour on treeList same as on treeView
I would like to use drag and drop on treeList to reorder rows (with same parent) like on treeView or at least to have same events (drag, dragstart, dragend, drop), where I'll be able to change behaviour.
15 comments
Jacob
Posted on: 17 Sep 2020 19:16
Thanks Carl, I'm excited for this feature! Unfortunately with this first pass, it has some reliability issues, which I've gone ahead and posted about here.
ADMIN
Carl
Posted on: 17 Sep 2020 17:50

Hey everyone!

As a part of the R3 2020 release we updated the drag and drop behavior of the TreeList to mimic that of the TreeView. Head on over to the updated TreeList drag & drop demo to see this in action! 

Regards,
Carl
Progress Telerik

Five days of Blazor, Angular, React, and Xamarin experts live-coding on twitch.tv/CodeItLive , special prizes and more, for FREE?! Register now for DevReach 2.0(20).

ADMIN
Nikolay
Posted on: 02 Apr 2020 11:44

Hello Jacob,

I understand your frustration and indeed, this is a feature that has been asked for a lot and we definitely see the value in it. However, the planning has changed due to some features appearing with a higher demand level.

Nevertheless, this feature will be reviewed on the next planning and soon it will be included in the RoadMap for implementation.

Regards,

Nikolay
Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
Jacob
Posted on: 26 Mar 2020 14:22
Today, 3/26/2020, this was moved from Planned to Unplanned. I'm honestly surprised and quite disappointed. Syncfusion's Tree Grid supports this feature cleanly and intuitively. Drag-and-drop hierarchical reordering is increasingly becoming one of our most important user actions, so this decision is going to be a major limiting factor for us being able to continue your TreeList.
ADMIN
Nikolay
Posted on: 24 Feb 2020 12:25

Hello Alan,

Indeed, this feature request has gained a lot of popularity in the past few months and is currently under review from the Product Management for future planning and implementation. I can not state when it will be introduced but it is a feature that has been worked on and will be so in the near future.

Regards,
Nikolay
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Alan
Posted on: 17 Feb 2020 19:26

This was last updated in Nov 2019 and is marked as Planned. Is there any information that can be given regarding possible implementation; maybe in one of the 2020 releases?

Imported User
Posted on: 19 Oct 2018 15:20
We too..
Martin
Posted on: 23 Jul 2018 11:28
We need this behavior also.
mohammad reza
Posted on: 27 Apr 2017 15:31
reorder is very useful.
thanks for drag drop feature. but reordering like tree view is not implemented.
please add reordering like tree view.
Jan
Posted on: 18 Apr 2017 13:16
We need this feature too! Any information about the progress of this request?
Imported User
Posted on: 04 Apr 2017 22:52
This feature is already available in TreeView.. how hard is it to clone this functionality into TreeList?
Nayana
Posted on: 04 Jan 2017 03:08
Reordering rows in TreeList is very much needed. 
yaron
Posted on: 08 Mar 2016 05:44
Enable TreeList reorder the  rows under the same parent drag and drop
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 02 Sep 2015 09:14
Thanks for the feedback. Presently the drag and drop behavior supported by the treelist is presented in the following demo:
http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/treelist/dragdrop
Niko
Posted on: 01 Sep 2015 16:30
This was major reason why we evaluated another ui-library over Kendo UI.