Completed
Last Updated: 17 Sep 2020 18:03 by ADMIN
Imported User
Created on: 22 Jun 2015 08:36
Category: Gantt
Type: Feature Request
Add setting templates to the cells inside the TreeList section of Gantt.
With this customization it will be possible to use checkboxes or combo boxes and normalize the selection of data. Actually is possible to use only text and date columns.
15 comments
ADMIN
Carl
Posted on: 17 Sep 2020 18:03

Hey everyone!

With the R3 2020 release we introduced the ability for columns within the Gantt component to take advantage of templates! We updated the Gantt Template demo to showcase this behavior and these templates can be set on a column-by-column basis.

Regards,
Carl
Progress Telerik

Five days of Blazor, Angular, React, and Xamarin experts live-coding on twitch.tv/CodeItLive , special prizes and more, for FREE?! Register now for DevReach 2.0(20).

ADMIN
Veselin Tsvetanov
Posted on: 01 Apr 2020 12:36

Hello Peter,

You are right. The column template functionality for the TreeList section of the Gantt is the most demanded feature for that widget. The only reason it has not been implemented yet is our queue, where we have some other features (and new components) with higher priority. As soon as our load allows it, we will also include the discussed functionality in our roadmap.

Regards,
Veselin Tsvetanov
Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
Peter
Posted on: 26 Mar 2020 06:55
I don't understand why this features has not yet been prioritized… the grid part of the kendo gantt chart is seriously lacking in features as it is... this would go a long way of fixing that
n/a
Posted on: 30 May 2019 00:47
I need to add a notes field to my tasks but still want the built in resources selector to be there too, so I need to use the templates.
ADMIN
Veselin Tsvetanov
Posted on: 17 Apr 2019 13:58
Hi Kasim,

This feature is yet not planned for implementation. I would suggest you cast your vote for the above and keep tracking this item, as it will be updated as soon as this feature has been scheduled.

Regards,
Veselin Tsvetanov
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Kasim
Posted on: 16 Apr 2019 09:03

Dear Veselin,

When can we expect this feature to be in the toolset?

ADMIN
Veselin Tsvetanov
Posted on: 28 Nov 2018 13:15
Hello John,

The column template functionality is one of the top voted feature requests for the Gantt widget. Therefore, we will definitely take it under consideration when reviewing the future Gantt widget improvements.

Regards,
Veselin Tsvetanov
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Joh
Posted on: 21 Nov 2018 16:35
 Gantt should expose a Column template functionality
Raj
Posted on: 20 Aug 2018 17:58
how to change colspan of  gantt  
Manoj
Posted on: 25 Jul 2018 10:30
Having template for the Gantt tree would be very helpful 
Adriano
Posted on: 23 Jan 2018 08:59
Good morning,
We need to add to Gantt's grid a new column containing buttons, but we don't know how to do it.

For the Grid we used:
columns.Template(x => { }).ClientTemplate("html code here")

But the Template method doesn't exist on Gantt's column. 

It would be nice if you could do it like Grid
Imported User
Posted on: 14 Jun 2017 09:49
Having the cell templates inside the TreeList is really needed. Kindly, include this in your roadmap.
Sundeep
Posted on: 13 Jun 2017 16:38
This would be very helpful and currently there is no better work around as well. 
I would appreciate if this is implemented ASAP.
Aman
Posted on: 13 Jun 2017 15:49
I know many organizations waiting for this feature, Our is one of them, It gives lot of power to the Kendo Asp.Net Mvc Gantt control, #MustHaveFeature.
Padhraic
Posted on: 17 Aug 2015 12:44
Currently gantt columns only support the format property. It would be great if there was a template support here. It would allow entering of hyperlinks to pages showing details of the task. Also allow insertion of image tags and better formatting for more descriptive task summaries.