Declined
Last Updated: 02 Feb 2022 10:46 by ADMIN
Pavel
Created on: 13 Jun 2015 17:27
Category: MVVM
Type: Feature Request
Allow for non-observable data source from MVVM dropdown
Often I have a MVVM model with an enumerable field which is used to populate dropdowns.

I know this data won't change, so I'd like to avoid wrapping into ObservableArray to increase performance, and I name this field, e.g., "_data" (starting with "_" to prevent wrapping).

But kendo throws an error in this case when dropdown's value is changed, 'cause it calls internally "get" method on change, which belongs to Observable.
2 comments
ADMIN
Maria Ivanova
Posted on: 02 Feb 2022 10:46

Hi Folks,

Due to the lack of provided further details, the feature request will be closed.

Please feel free to submit a new one in case other questions arise.

Kind Regards, Maria Veledinova Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

ADMIN
Ianko
Posted on: 19 Oct 2021 06:10

Hello,

Can you provide some more details, example code or dojo example to showcase the setup so that we can properly evaluate the case? 

With a recent version of Kendo, there should be no errors using a "_data" field in an Observable object. Plus, if you are using Kendo DropDownList you can use the setDataSource method to bind it to any data outside of an Observable object so that it is not wrapper with observable properties. 

Regards,
Ianko
Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.