Unplanned
Last Updated: 16 Mar 2020 14:54 by ADMIN
T F
Created on: 13 May 2015 15:46
Category: TreeList
Type: Feature Request
Totals for TreeList
It would be nice if there was an option to not retotal the entire table if you expand a level in the treelist.  We use the table for lazy loads, so each level already has the total, we're just getting the details.
3 comments
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 14 May 2015 07:56
Thanks for the additional explanation.
T F
Posted on: 13 May 2015 16:21
I would like a property that stops the grid from re-calculating the totals.  The use case is as follows:

Grid loads collapsed with all the parent groupings and a total at the bottom (based on the data presented).
Upon expanding a group, I go to the server and get the child rows for that group.  What is happening for me is that the grid re-calculates the totals based on the new rows added and now I have double counting.   
I know I can use server aggregates, but server aggregates is something that doesn't fit our enterprise web api which is used by other apps.  So, I'm stuck having to override the totals every time with something custom in order to back out the double counting.  
Something that says "RecalculateTotals: false" would be huge.  
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 13 May 2015 15:50
Totals are supported in the way illustrated in this example:
http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/treelist/aggregates

To re-render the treelist data upon expansion, they have to be recalculated accordingly. Does this makes sense for you?