Completed
Last Updated: 04 Jan 2021 08:55 by ADMIN
Release 2020.R2
Piyush Bhatt
Created on: 16 Apr 2015 21:42
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
floating label
Can we have a theme or feature of all input controls that can support floating labels like in google material design? 

The current material design theme demos do not show example of floating labels.
7 comments
ADMIN
Alex Hajigeorgieva
Posted on: 04 Jan 2021 08:55

Hello,

Just a quick note to let you know that we have floating labels for the TextBox, TextArea, NumericTextBox and MaskedTextBox.

If floating labels are required for DateInput, DatePicker, DateTimePicker, DateRangePicker and ComboBox or another input control, a new Feature Request item should be logged so we can implement them for each one according to the demand.

Kind Regards,
Alex Hajigeorgieva
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Robert
Posted on: 05 Dec 2018 15:27
They have added this to everything but Kendo UI for jQuery.  
RedTears75
Posted on: 17 Sep 2017 15:51
Would be really nice.
Currently i write my own implementation of the floatlabels, but i guess your approaches would be even nicer.
Joel
Posted on: 02 Aug 2017 16:16
This request has been out here for almost a year. Is there any progress towards getting this on the roadmap?
Jisha
Posted on: 02 Mar 2017 07:42
It will be nice if kendo support material design fully. Floating label is a very nice feature in material design. So we are keen to see that kendo support floating labels.
Imported User
Posted on: 28 Sep 2016 03:58
It would be nice for All KendoUI Controls to support the Placeholder and then the placeholder becomes the floating label values
Imported User
Posted on: 06 Sep 2016 08:38
Would ABSOLUTELY love for Kendo UI textbox control to support floating label.
This is the only feature that makes me want to use Angular Material Design components over Kendo UI controls.