Completed
Last Updated: 27 Feb 2020 15:48 by ADMIN
Constantinos Petridis
Created on: 19 Mar 2015 09:30
Category: TabStrip
Type: Feature Request
tabstrip collapse & expand methods
It would be nice to have methods to expand and collapse the tabstrip as the user does by clicking the tab header (if collapsible is enabled).
Also events should be triggered, every time the tabstrip expands or collapses.
3 comments
ADMIN
Veselin Tsvetanov
Posted on: 27 Feb 2020 15:48

Hi,

The activate event is triggered after a tab is being made visible and its animation complete. That will signify the end of the expand animation.

Regards,
Veselin Tsvetanov
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Constantinos Petridis
Posted on: 19 Mar 2015 14:32
contentLoad event is fired when ajax content is used (not my case) and select event will fire on change of tab selection and just before tabstrip collapses.

My need is that I have a tabstrip on top and a grid on the bottom of the screen. 
I need to know when the tabstrip has collapsed in order to resize the bottom grid to fill the remaining area, at the right time. 
Now I perform a resize after each select of tab with a timeout event (to wait for the potential animation delay of collapsing the tabscript).

I would also love to programmatically collapse or expand the tabstrip to give more space for the grid. The method I use now to achieve this will create problems in case you change the behavior of tabstrip in the future.

It also seems to me that the collapse and expand events should have been available from the very beginning when you first introduced the collapsible option.
It is an action that, currently, only the end user can activate, which will ultimately change the layout of the web page, and the developer will not know (at least with an easy to capture way).
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 19 Mar 2015 14:03
Thanks for the suggestion.

Currently there are select/contentLoad events and select method exposed (see API docs here: http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/javascript/ui/tabstrip), which you can use as an alternative, if applicable.