Unplanned
Last Updated: 28 Oct 2022 09:38 by ADMIN
Siva
Created on: 24 Feb 2015 10:58
Category: Scheduler
Type: Feature Request
How to set the business hours for each Individual day Instead of setting WorkDayStart for all days,
Hi,

I'm trying to define individual business hours for the scheduler. The  scheduler only uses a single start/end time for each work day. I want to define start/end times for each day specifically (ie. Monday has different times than Tuesday).
Eg:
Sunday working hours       @ 10:00 to 12:00
Monday working hours       @ 9:00 to 16:00
Tuesday working hours      @ 10:00 to 18:00
Wednesday working hours@ 06:00 to 12:00
Thursday working hours     @ 08:00 to 14:00
Friday working hours           @ 11:00 to 12:00
Saturday working hours      @ 11:30 to 13:00

Can anyone resolve my problem.

Thanks in advance
7 comments
ADMIN
Martin
Posted on: 28 Oct 2022 09:38

Hello, Alberto,

The feature is not yet scheduled for implementation. I can see that the workaround suggested by my colleague is still working, so I would suggest sticking to it until further progress on the matter.

Regards,
Martin
Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.

Alberto Ibernón
Posted on: 21 Oct 2022 11:03
Hi, nowadays  is it possible this option? Thanks
ADMIN
Aleksandar
Posted on: 11 Jan 2021 07:18

Hello Karam,

The Scheduler still does not provide a configuration option to set different working hours for different days. I have already replied to your other post on the matter with a possible approach to handle the scenario here: https://www.telerik.com/forums/changing-businesshours-dynamically-lead-to-an-error-in-the-timelinemonth-view

Regards,
Aleksandar
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

K.Ramadan
Posted on: 04 Jan 2021 09:39
is this now an option? or still not supported?
Simon
Posted on: 17 Jan 2016 07:32
Two more suggestions to improve work hours:
1. It would be great to have the daily work hours set on a resource level, and default to the daily work hours on the scheduler if nothing is found for a specific resource.
2. Also, some resources have 4 week schedules. 
    e.g. week 1 the person works 9-5, 
           week 2 the person works 8-4, 
           week 3 the person works 9-5 except for Tuesdays when he works 8-4, 
           week 4 the person works 10-2

Our users look at a few (~10) different resources simultaneously to decide the best resource to use for a booking based on work hours and existing bookings.

The component we currently use doesn't support this natively either, we have to handle OnCellPaint event to make non-work hours a different colour.
Imported User
Posted on: 26 Mar 2015 22:51
I'm not aware of any other third party control that currently does this, although this functionality is supported in Microsoft Outlook and Google Calendar.

This functionality would be extremely helpful for our product and our customers.
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 24 Feb 2015 11:31
I don't think this is supported by our scheduler presently. 

Do you know of other 3rd party scheduling component which covers this scenario? This can help us evaluate the options to support that.