Declined
Last Updated: 16 Sep 2021 13:46 by ADMIN
Joe
Created on: 23 Feb 2015 21:19
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
improve Excel export for Grid formats
First, it would be helpful if there was a way to apply a format for an entire column (except for, obviously, header and footer rows). This would prevent us from having to write a script that loops over every row to format every 3rd column (for example) to a specific format.

In addition, it would be nice to be able to use Kendo formats for columns and have that automatically translated into Excel formats. In my case, I have to write a translation layer that, in my opinion, would be much simpler if it was incorporated into the back end. If this could even auto-format to match the format used in the grid display on the page, it would be even better.
1 comment
ADMIN
Angel Petrov
Posted on: 16 Sep 2021 13:46

Hi,

Unfortunately the Kendo formats and not compatible with the Excel ones and thus in order to achieve formatting custom logic should be used. This is marked as a limitation in our documentation as well.

Regards,
Angel Petrov
Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.