Completed
Last Updated: 04 Feb 2020 10:29 by ADMIN
Shruthika
Created on: 19 Nov 2014 18:22
Category: TreeView
Type: Feature Request
Search Nodes in Tree
It would be really helpful to have a tree view search.

Search - highlights all results for given text. User can select by clicking on the node
2 comments
ADMIN
Nencho
Posted on: 04 Feb 2020 10:29

Hello, all,

We already have a demo on the matter, showcasing how the TreeView can be filtered:

https://feedback.telerik.com/kendo-jquery-ui/1359143-search-nodes-in-tree

On the other hand, we released a DropDownTree component, which incorporates a TreeView component in its dropdown. That said, the filtering is inbuild and can be used in such scenarios.

Regards,
Nencho
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
KeyOfJ
Posted on: 21 Nov 2014 15:02
This can be done fairly easily. I have an implementation in one of our applications. What I do is we add a standard text box and search button. Using MVVM on click it calls our search function. Get a reference to your tree view: var treeView = $(".treeview-control").data("kendoTreeView"); After this I collapse all nodes by using treeView.collapse(".k-item") then using a regex I loop through all of the treeview.items(). For matches I add css to highlight the node, if it is a folder I use treeView.findByUid(uid) and then treeView.expand...if it is a nested folder you can expand the parents,