Unplanned
Last Updated: 13 Mar 2020 13:56 by ADMIN
John
Created on: 11 Nov 2014 01:14
Category: NumericTextBox
Type: Feature Request
NumericTextBox should display decimal portion even when zero.
The Kendo UI NumericTextBox hides the decimal portion of its value when focus is in the control and when the decimal part is zero. For example a value of 1,345.00 will appear as 1345 when the focus is put in the control. If the decimal part is non-zero then the value is shown. From a usability viewpoint the disappearing zeros is inconsistent and can be misleading/confusing to a user who may not realize that they can enter a decimal part.

So I think it would be valuable for the control to always show the decimal part of the value.
3 comments
Smita
Posted on: 21 Nov 2014 18:54
It is very unusual to show amounts as 1,345. Costs and Amounts are almost always shown as 1,345.00. I am curious how other people are not running into this issue. Is anyone else using NumericTextBox for accepting any amounts? If so, are your users ok with seeing 1,345 when the field gets focus?
John
Posted on: 21 Nov 2014 18:07
Hi Michael, thanks for you comment. I don't quite understand how you are using kendo.toString(). I am just using the the NumericTexBox out-of-the-box like this: http://jsfiddle.net/jjp1921/5aomLhe4/13/ 
KeyOfJ
Posted on: 21 Nov 2014 15:23
If you have it set to a numeric type are you using kendo.toString(value, "format")? This is what we do and do not have any issues.