Type: Feature Request
Grid Multi Select - Touch Events
See this Kendo Forum post:
http://www.telerik.com/forums/multi-select-in-responsive

In short, we need additional approaches to grid multi select using touch events
10 comments
Gareth
Posted on: 13 Nov 2018 18:31
anyone found a work around for this other then using a check box? ..  which is no good for fat fingers lol.
Shuja
Posted on: 23 Jan 2018 10:49
 when the fix for the Grid is made, the same approach can be used for the ListBox as well
Muhammad Waseem
Posted on: 02 Jun 2017 13:05
I have added a column and its cells are acting like row headers, upon clicking on row headers, I am doing following:

var grid = $(".k-grid").data("kendoGrid");
var row = $(e.target).closest("tr"); // e is the argument being received in click event.
grid.select(row);

This piece of code is not working rather throwing exception from kendo.all.min.js:
Unable to get property 'options' of undefined.

They should have provided a way around until it gets available as feature.
Imported User
Posted on: 10 Apr 2017 23:48
i agree with this working on a hybrid app issue where everything works on single select mode but on ipad when wanting to create a select all button the single select on grid becomes a show stopper out of the box.
Stephen
Posted on: 09 Sep 2016 12:36
Almost 2 years later and still no sign of this feature being implemented?! I will likely need to use something similar to what @Jon has implemented and include an additional column just for checkbox selections?! 
Imported User
Posted on: 12 Apr 2016 22:21
I would like this feature added
Imported User
Posted on: 12 Apr 2016 21:43
I would love to see this implemented as well.

Thank you!
Joshua
Posted on: 05 Nov 2015 00:43
We would like this too
FABIO
Posted on: 02 Sep 2015 15:33
The same here, I would love to select multiple rows just as in mobile application:
- an event initiate the selection mode (maybe holding down on a row or clicking an external button)
- from here every click on a row toggle the selection of this row
- clicking a button outside the grid terminate the selection

thank you very much,
Fabio
Jon
Posted on: 15 Oct 2014 21:32
I would love to see this as well. I've had to resort to a checkbox column for multi select in the past, and would like to avoid that in the future if possible.