Unplanned
Last Updated: 17 Sep 2020 15:06 by Andre' Hazelwood
Roland Rosenbecher
Created on: 27 Aug 2014 11:57
Category: Editor
Type: Feature Request
please, make Kendo Editor much smarter.
ASP.NET AJAX RadEditor is  much user friendly (i.e. image resize with mouse, styling some simple properties like margin...etc.). We use Kendo UI and HTML5 in our new projects, but in our custom CMS we had to integrate RadEditor, because it is very smart and user friendly and gives  a great helping hand and many functionalities to our users who has no html and css experiences.

Kendo Editor is still not a tool for a CMS, it is good only for writing some sentences to news or for some very-very simple editing task.
9 comments
Andre' Hazelwood
Posted on: 17 Sep 2020 15:06

Also, as an aside, this functionality does exist within Sitefinity, so it should be doable.

Thanks.

Andre' Hazelwood
Posted on: 17 Sep 2020 15:04

I concur with most of these requests.  In our case, we need the ability to at least minimally allow for editing properties of various media elements (images, videos, iframes) to mirror functionality we see in competing editors such as summernote.  

The use case if allowing a non-technical user to be able to click on the image/iframe/media object and then right click to open up a dialog that allow them to change various aspects about the item.  For example, the source, width, height, alignment etc.

I am including screenshots for competing products that we may be forced to go with for these reasons.

Thanks.

Steve
Posted on: 15 Mar 2016 10:42
Hyperlink functionality, table functionality, paste options (including 'clean' HTML direct from Microsoft Word) - the Kendo Editor as it is now is not a patch on what was available through RadEditor.
Dennis
Posted on: 27 Aug 2015 21:34
Must be more like tinymce , right click?
Imported User
Posted on: 09 Apr 2015 13:53
The functionality of the Editor does not even come close to the functionality of the RadEditor.  The RadEditor provides better functionality than even a desktop editor application including items like custom controlled tools and highly controllable design elements.  It brings the full functionality of HTML elements to a user friendly interface.  The Editor is more of a "marketing" piece to say we have an Editor in Kendo UI.  The functionality is not there at all and it is not a worthwhile control to implement.
Roland Rosenbecher
Posted on: 02 Sep 2014 09:10
Dear Kenshin,

another great feature: the template manager in RadEditor. We use it for creating pre-styled templates for our users, and they can easily make pages with professional design.

Of course we could make it with Kendo Editor with some custom code, but it's great in RadEditor that we get it by default.

Best regards,

Roland Rosenbecher
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 01 Sep 2014 14:44
Thanks for the additional detailed comments, Roland. I'll forward them to our devteam to be taken into consideration for future editor releases.
Roland Rosenbecher
Posted on: 01 Sep 2014 12:57
Hi Kenshin!

For example:
- resizing an image with mouse
- right click on an image and set it's properties: margins, align
- grid editing (mouse resizing, property settings with right click...etc.)
- inserting form elements
- video embedding
- ... and many others

Kendo Editor would be a great tool, but many features are missing by default. After you made the ASP.NET RadEditor so user friendly I think with Kendo Editor's poor feature list you stepped back. The most strange thing is that it's not because of the HTML5/Kendo and ASP.NET AJAX different working way, it's all at client side, should be no matter wich one you use, the features above don't have to use callbacks, all can be done with JS. i.e. image resize with mouse: why is it missing from Kendo? Or grid resizing? In the real world only programmers resize an image with pixel numbers, users grab the mouse and drag the pole. Or you would like to forget the mouse and develop Kendo to work mainly on touch screen?

Just open the demo page of Kendo Editor, and open another with RadEditor, everyone must see the difference. RadEditor is like a complete MS Word, Kendo Editor is like a notepad with some simple features, easy to use it for commenting a post (like I do right now), but not a really good tool for editing complete documents.

As I mentioned, our users have no html or css experiences, they are not programmers, they just want to publish some news, racing results in tables, pictures...etc. With RadEditor they did it easily, but with Kendo Editor it's a misson impossible for them. On Kendo Editor demo page, I cannot change the size of the image in html view, I can do it only in the html code, and that's a big problem, our users will never edit the html code mannualy.

Anyway nobody was complaining about it? I don't think it's just me who use RadEditor for CMS, I can't believe that noone else is missing a lot of features from Kendo Editor.

Best regards,

Roland Rosenbecher

ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 27 Aug 2014 16:16
Thanks for the feedback, Roland.

Can you elaborate a bit more on what existing features in our AJAX Editor (currently missing in the Kendo UI editor widget) you find essential for inclusion? This will help us better understand your request and prioritize these features for future development based on the votes this feedback item receives.