Declined
Last Updated: 02 Dec 2021 09:41 by ADMIN
Imported User
Created on: 13 Sep 2013 02:19
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
Integrate with Ember.js
It would be great if there was a wrapper library for Ember.js similar to the kendo-labs libraries for Angular and Knockout.
5 comments
Graham
Posted on: 23 Jan 2017 07:00
I have just started a github project where we can work on creating Ember Components:

https://github.com/sportsmgmt-labs/kendo-ember

I'll be uploading what I have built already over the coming weeks.
Jack
Posted on: 25 Oct 2015 03:58
I agree and this should be fairly straight forward using an ember addon project with all the KendoUI widgets wrapped as ember components. I have been looking for a comprehensive widget library for my application and can say that there is currently nothing comprehensive out there right now, just individual wrappers for JQuery plugins. This leads to bloat in the application as there is no code reuse between components. This is an area waiting to be filled by someone. I realise EmberJS does not have the user base AngularJS has but it is growing and there are $$ for the taking. Telerik could even OpenSource the ember addon as it would be unusable without the underlying kendoui widgets anyway.
Imported User
Posted on: 24 Jun 2015 17:55
I'm very interested int seeing this!
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 01 Aug 2014 12:35
Miguel, in case you developed your own solution for Ember integration, feel free to post the implementation in this thread, or in the code library section on our site (http://www.telerik.com/support/code-library/kendo-ui).

Thank for your involvement.
Miguel
Posted on: 30 Jul 2014 17:02
We did this for the KendoGrid and we'll selfishly do it for others that we need. We could probably release some/all of this and it could be a good starting point for either Telerik or others to start building on top of it. 

All of the KendoGrid properties are supported. Most of the KendoGridColumns are supported. The component raises some actions like 'select' and 'sortChanged' and it uses dataBinding for properties like order, grouping and sort. The databinding is left outside of this and we assume the Controller/Route will do it and the KendoGrid will simply work with in memory data. Eventually the component could be extended to raise actions for "paging" events so the controller can update the data. 

This is how the KG looks now. 

```
 {{#kendo-grid contentBinding="medications" reorderable="true"}}
            {{#kendo-grid-column field="tradeName" title="Generic (Trade) Name"
                locked="true" lockable="true" width="350px"}}
                <a href="#" {{action "rowSelected" this}}>{{tradeName}}</a>
                {{strength}} {{route}} {{doseForm}}
            {{/kendo-grid-column}}
            {{#kendo-grid-column field="sig.professionalDescription" title="Sig" width="150px"}}
                {{inline-text-edit valueBinding="sig.professionalDescription"}}
            {{/kendo-grid-column}}
            {{kendo-grid-column field="startDateTime" title="Start" type="date" format="{0:MM/dd/yy}"
                parseFormats="yyyy-MM-dd\'T\'HH:mm:ss.zz" width="100px"}}
            {{kendo-grid-column field="comment" title="Comment"  width="570px"}}
        {{/kendo-grid}}
```