Completed
Last Updated: 25 Sep 2017 21:33 by ADMIN
Brian Roth
Created on: 21 Aug 2013 21:26
Category: Grid
Type: Feature Request
Maintain dirty indicator on batch edit grids
Currently if you add a row to a grid in batch edit mode any rows that have already been edited will lose their dirty flag indicator.  I would like for Kendo to handle maintaining the dirty flag for these rows.  If there is a performance concern with adding this functionality, then maybe there could be a setting to turn it on or off.
4 comments
ADMIN
Carl
Posted on: 25 Sep 2017 21:33
This has been added as a built-in functionality of the DataSource component that's tied to the Grid.
Brad
Posted on: 07 Oct 2016 22:29
I'd like to see this more built-in to the grid. A simple client side sorting of column loses the indicators of dirty on the cells. Especially any client side operation should maintain the dirty indicator on the cell.
Ryan
Posted on: 19 Jan 2016 16:20
Dirty flags also get lost if you edit a value in a cell programatically.  It's super frustrating, yet everywhere I see people posting about this issue, the Telerik folks say it's "by design" - if you reload a grid from the data source, it should maintain the dirty flags shown in the datasource, period.
Imported User
Posted on: 16 Nov 2015 16:47
We have the same problem. We need incell batch editing (autosync is disabled).
After every sorting or paging the dirty indicators are gone. This is obviously a bug!

The posted solution is not acceptable for several reasons.
http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/web/grid/how-to/Editing/preserve-the-dirty-indicator-in-incell-editing-and-client-operations