Unplanned
Last Updated: 02 Feb 2021 17:01 by ADMIN
Evan
Created on: 20 Aug 2013 13:30
Category: Tooltip
Type: Feature Request
add on open for ToolTip
I would like to update a single tooltip based on a user's input. I can currently do this but when the tooltip initially shows it has stale data in it. A property that would hold off on showing the tooltip until new data is added by a function would be nice and help prevent the user from ever seeing the stale data.
2 comments
ADMIN
Veselin Tsvetanov
Posted on: 27 Feb 2020 16:28

Hi,

We will keep tracking the interest for this request. If you think the suggestion would be a valuable addition to the widget, please, cast your vote for it.

Regards,
Veselin Tsvetanov
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Andrew
Posted on: 02 Apr 2015 20:14
This is useful. Currently the KendoUI documentation has two "How To" articles that describe how to show the tooltip under certain conditions. However, these require changing the global visibility style for all tooltips to start out "hidden". 
http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/web/tooltip/how-to/show-on-length-condition

I think a simpler approach would be to have an "open" event on the tooltip which can be canceled. Then the code can just do "e.preventDefault()" if the conditions dictate that the tooltip shouldn't be shown. This is consistent with other widgets like AutoComplete or DropDownList.