Unplanned
Last Updated: 27 Dec 2019 13:36 by ADMIN
Jayantha
Created on: 18 Mar 2013 06:18
Category: Grid
Type: Feature Request
Disable tab stop for certain cells (or for non editable cells ) in kendo Grid
Let's say we have an grid with incell editing and navigation enabled. But also there may be some column which are readonly (non editable ).  Currently when I press the tab from an editable cell it focus on non editable cell's ,which is no needed. I'll prefer to have a navigation which is stopping only at the editable cells when I press the tab.  And also I would like to add new row when I press the tab form last editable cell in the last row.
6 comments
ADMIN
Alex Hajigeorgieva
Posted on: 26 Jul 2019 08:43
Hello, Paul,

We have a how-to article that shows how to skip non-editable cells or specific columns here:

https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/knowledge-base/skip-non-editable-cells-when-tabbing

Have a look and let us know in case you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Alex Hajigeorgieva
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Paul
Posted on: 19 Jul 2019 20:46

tabindex of -1 on columns still doesn't make the tabbing skip the non-editable columns.

tab index in general on a grid doesn't seem to work consistently. Every time I tab to the grid from a form using tab index and tabbing it sets focus appropriately the first iteration of tabbing, but never again.

Josetuttu
Posted on: 06 Aug 2018 10:57
I tried setting negative tab index, but no change. Can you please provide a dojo?
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 23 Sep 2015 10:13
This behavior is because the non-editable cells are not skipped when you tab using the keyboard, folks.

Does setting negative tab indices for the cells in the non-editable columns (to avoid gaining focus) an applicable option for you?
Imported User
Posted on: 23 Sep 2015 04:55
Is this issue solved 
Josetuttu
Posted on: 24 May 2013 13:04
I am also facing the same issue. In my case the issue is caused due to closecell function (for disabling the non editable cell) which is fired in edit event. Is there any workaround or fix for this?