Completed
Last Updated: 01 Oct 2019 14:05 by ADMIN
Raymond
Created on: 20 Sep 2018 21:28
Category: Grid
Type: Feature Request
Single global filter for all columns
It would be nice to have the option for a single filter input that searches all columns on the Grid.  I was able to implement my own custom solution but having to apply that to every grid in my app is cumbersome.

I understand the importance for the flexibility side of having each column with its own filter box, but for simpler apps this is overkill and a single filter box is enough.  The column component already has the [filterable] flag so this can possibly be used to exclude any columns if necessary.

I was thinking of something similar to what is an out of the box feature for the Datatables JS plugin

https://datatables.net/

Default search box that searches everything.  Very simple to use and understand for basic users or when your application only calls for something that simplistic.
1 comment
ADMIN
Alex Hajigeorgieva
Posted on: 29 Jul 2019 07:11
Hello, Raymond,

We are pleased to let you know that we expect to release a built-in search panel for the Kendo UI Grid in R3 scheduled for 18th Sept 2019.

Kind Regards,
Alex Hajigeorgieva
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.