Declined
Last Updated: 25 Feb 2020 15:52 by ADMIN
Doug Hills
Created on: 06 Jul 2018 05:10
Category: Spreadsheet
Type: Feature Request
Kendo spreadsheet--some way to correlate spreadsheet dom elements with spreadsheet object cells
I have altered the kendo code to add row and column references to the k-spreadsheet-cell dom objects. A sample of this is: 
<div style="color: rgb(81, . . .  class="k-spreadsheet-cell r17c1 row-17 col-1"> . . . .
I have items that I wish to place on top of cells in the spreadsheet.
I can use these classes to identify the dom element corresponding to a spreadsheet cell object. I wish that this thing would let me post images. This is working really well. 
Request: It would be nice if the spreadsheet code to do this out of the box. Further, it would be beneficial to add a 'tag' property to a spreadsheet cell that would be indicated in the cell's dom object. If a cell has a tag, it should be rendered even if it doesn't have non-trivial formatting or a value.
2 comments
ADMIN
Veselin Tsvetanov
Posted on: 25 Feb 2020 15:52

Hello Doug,

Because of the virtualization behavior of the Spreadsheet cells, its DOM elements could not be directly associated with cell objects on the Sheets. The DOM elements are reused to render multiple different cells from the Sheet. That functionality allows the widget to load a large number of rows and columns.

Regards,
Veselin Tsvetanov
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Doug Hills
Posted on: 06 Jul 2018 05:13
when I mentioned that I would like to upload images, I meant for the feature submission--I'm already putting images in the spreadsheet. I also have created custom controls that I lay on top of cells in the spreadsheet. These controls are better suited for finger tip operation and come in handy when I want to use a spreadsheet on a tablet.