Declined
Last Updated: 01 Oct 2021 10:39 by ADMIN
Lajos
Created on: 06 Dec 2012 19:25
Category: Data Source
Type: Feature Request
could support lazy filtering
Currently when I choose a column filter and click on the filter button, a request is sent to the server and data is bound. However, if I work with large data sources and I know in advance that I want to filter by FirstName and LastName, for example, I would like to choose both the filters first, and when filter settings are finalized, I would like to rebind the grid with a button click, for example.

This would enable to bind only once the grid, instead of n times, if the user chooses lazy filtering which would be very useful, especially in the case of large data sources
1 comment
ADMIN
Angel Petrov
Posted on: 01 Oct 2021 10:39

Hi,

It is not clear under what conditions and when a filtering should be applied for such custom scenarios. That said one can implement custom filtering as shown in this KB. The idea is to add filtering controls outside the grid, create a filter expression and apply it when desired.

Regards,
Angel Petrov
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.