Completed
Last Updated: 18 Mar 2022 09:49 by ADMIN
Nikhil
Created on: 20 Apr 2018 07:56
Category: PivotGrid
Type: Feature Request
Bind Color cell property from cube(OLAP) directly to pivot grid cell
Hi Team,

I am working on one of client application and we are using pivot grid control jQuery version to connect and pull data from cube but one things which we are missing is getting the cellset properties(back_color) from cube data. 

There are certain business rules applied on the cube to show data with different color schemes. Now based on the cube data color properties , We want to get that as a part of kendo UI pivot grid for the cells.

We saw excel supports that feature, where it can understand the cell set (back color) properties and render the back color. I am also attaching snapshots from excel.

Below is the sample mdx query and highlighted underlined holds cell properties

SELECT NON EMPTY { [Measures].[QCV to Deploy], [Measures].[Initial Calculated Quota], [Measures].[Quota Deployed], [Measures].[Remaining QCV] }

ON COLUMNS, NON EMPTY { ([SalesMetric].[Sales Metric Key].[Sales Metric Key].ALLMEMBERS * [SalesMetric].[Sales Metric Name].[Sales Metric Name].ALLMEMBERS ) }

DIMENSION PROPERTIES MEMBER_CAPTION ON ROWS FROM (

SELECT ( { [SalesOrganization].[SalesOrganization].[All], [SalesOrganization].[SalesOrganization].&[108]} )

ON COLUMNS FROM [QuotaAllocation]) WHERE ( [SalesOrganization].[SalesOrganization].CurrentMember )

CELLPROPERTIES VALUE, BACK_COLOR, FORE_COLOR, FORMATTED_VALUE, FORMAT_STRING, FONT_NAME, FONT_SIZE, FONT_FLAGS 
1 comment
ADMIN
Angel Petrov
Posted on: 18 Mar 2022 09:49

Hi,

As far as I understand the cell color is part of the data retrieved by the cube. Since it will be available on the client the coloring could be achieved using templates. Please examine this demo and this help article. 

Regards,
Angel Petrov
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.