Completed
Last Updated: 17 Feb 2022 11:14 by ADMIN
Ben Hayat
Created on: 06 Apr 2018 13:45
Category: Kendo UI for jQuery
Type: Feature Request
Vue Native
The most important part of using Vue especially in Mobile, is it's small size and performance. Unfortunately, Kendo UI's Vue components are wrappers around jQuery which is something we are trying to avoid in our  ongoing developments.
I'd like to suggest building NEW Vue components in full native format with no despondency on other none related frameworks.

Thanks!
..Ben
4 comments
ADMIN
Carl
Posted on: 16 Jan 2020 18:59

Hey folks!

As an update here for the folks that come across this thread. With R1 2020 we have introduced six new native Vue UI components (Animation, Popup, Dialog, DropDownList, Input, and NumericTextBox) to go along with our native Data Grid. For a more detailed view on this release you can refer to this blog post.

We will continue to expand the set of native UI elements throughout the year and if you have any requests around what components to introduce please use the Kendo UI for Vue feedback portal to request them.

I'll continue to leave this item open as "in development" and will post updates in this thread whenever possible.

Regards,
Carl
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Lyon
Posted on: 12 Jun 2019 11:51

I strongly agree with Ben. Hope Kendo UI could provide more Vue native components, currently so-called Vue wrapper solution could not work correctly with Vue ecosystem, like vuex.

Follow Redux thinkings, all state are stored in vuex store as states, but now I have to use datasource in Vue component......

ADMIN
Pavlina
Posted on: 04 Feb 2019 18:32
Hi Ben,

I am happy to let you know that the first version of the native Vue Grid is already released and distributed as NPM package which you can install from here: https://www.npmjs.com/package/@progress/kendo-vue-grid

For more information about the huge set of features that are already included in the current release you can rely on the respective Docs and Demos page below:
https://www.telerik.com/kendo-vue-ui/components/grid-native/

The functionalities that will come with the next version of the native data grid are: Column Menu, Frozen Columns and Virtual Scrolling with Grouping. In addition through customer feedback we plan to expand the number of components, therefore feel free to express any feedback in our Vue feedback portal about the current version and what you would expect to be included as part of the Native Vue effort in the future:
https://feedback.telerik.com/kendo-vue-ui

Regards,
Pavlina
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
ADMIN
Nencho
Posted on: 20 Nov 2018 11:31
Hello Ben,

Thank you for your suggestion!. We are currently in a process of evaluation of such an effort. Also, we are closely monitoring the interest and votes of this item. We will update it once we have a clear path and statement.

Regards,
Nencho
Progress Telerik