Completed
Last Updated: 21 May 2019 07:48 by ADMIN
Danny
Created on: 30 Oct 2012 09:24
Category: ListView
Type: Feature Request
UI Web Listview Endless Scrolling
Just like in the grid and mobile listview, i would like to see an endless scroll option (or serverside paging with virtual scroll) in the Web version of ListView.
21 comments
ADMIN
Carl
Posted on: 21 May 2019 07:47
Hey everyone!

As an update here, with the R2 2019 release we officially added Endless Scrolling to the Kendo UI ListView component! Check out the functionality by jumping over to this demo. I'll go ahead and mark this item as done, but if you have any additional feedback on the ListView or this new feature I highly recommend creating a new feedback item with specific details around your request!

Regards,
Carl
Progress Telerik
test test
Posted on: 09 Dec 2016 23:41
I have been looking for a solution like the one described above for a few days now. A Kendo implementation would have been extremely valuable 
ADMIN
Petyo
Posted on: 10 May 2016 13:45
Hi everyone,

We reviewed the suggestion and its implications. Unlike its mobile equivalent, the Web ListView does not impose any restrictions to the items layout. This means that the complete implementation of this feature should work pretty much like https://www.pinterest.com/ (warning - the site may feature partial nudity or other explicit content on its home screen).

We identified the following features:

- multiple items per row
- Items with different height, which seem to feature some distribution algorithm
- virtualization - Items that exit the viewport are removed from the DOM
- reordering and persistence on resize

In addition to the above, we are aware of requirements such as:
- fixed headers
- support for deep linking / scrolling to a given item

Worth mentioning is that complete, reliable support for the above requires an adequate back-end implementation, and, most likely a specialized data source implementation.

Based on our experience with virtualization cases like the grid and the mobile list view, we consider a reusable implementation that satisfies the above as a very complex one, which has a fairly limited scope of use cases.

With that in mind, I will revert the status of this suggestion - we can’t commit to any effort for it in the foreseeable feature.
Taki
Posted on: 08 Mar 2016 06:37
This feature is a must today. Please implement immediately. Checkout the competition:

https://demos.devexpress.com/MVCxImageAndDataNavigationDemos/DataView/EndlessPaging

They also have some nice gallery components that Telerik have in the ASP.NET suite. Why not implement them in the MVC/Kendo suite.
faris
Posted on: 15 Jan 2016 12:30
Sure i will.. Hehe..
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 15 Jan 2016 11:15
faris, since you said your implemented your own solution, can you share it with the rest of the guys here? Referencing Kendo UI Dojo sample or jsfiddle demo should suffice.
faris
Posted on: 15 Jan 2016 02:04
actually u can do ur self. i done already and working perfect.
Imported User
Posted on: 14 Jan 2016 14:57
I will eagerly wait this update, we had to work a lot to make a custom infinite scroll with list view, and while we were able to make it work it's no clean as we would 
ADMIN
Telerik Admin
Posted on: 05 Oct 2015 10:19
This feature will be tentatively evaluated in 2016, guys.  
Imported User
Posted on: 30 Sep 2015 22:48
Another vote for this feature.  Any updates?
Jack
Posted on: 16 Sep 2015 09:20
+1

This is a key requirement for a decent file browser and image browser (see editor), which get stuck when browsing large numbers of files (assuming several hundreds is deemed large).
Guillaume
Posted on: 13 May 2015 11:46
I would also appreciate this feature because pagination buttons is a bit outdated (mostly on touch interface) 

Also, I find it is nearly impossible to get the perfect combination of grid height, page weight and row height, etc in order to avoid a collection of vertical scrollbars. 

A endless scrolling that would adapt to visible div area would be a dream !
Yashvit
Posted on: 04 Mar 2015 03:38
Ditto
Aerion
Posted on: 16 Feb 2015 23:06
This would be a great feature and is necessary.
Matjaz
Posted on: 22 Dec 2014 11:50
The mobile version of virtual scrolling the list view widget is working great. Please support this also on non-mobile widget.
Mickie
Posted on: 21 Nov 2014 15:06
Just saw this go under review and wanted to mention how much we would still really like to see this feature.  We are using it most of the time now for our grids instead of a datapager.
faris
Posted on: 07 Oct 2014 09:19
i hope admin can consider this function
Matjaz
Posted on: 08 Sep 2014 19:43
I would also deeply need this feature.
Please add it to the kendoListView widget.
A
Posted on: 27 Oct 2013 19:19
When this could be catered?
Mickie
Posted on: 18 Oct 2013 13:33
Agreed!  We are currently using this a lot for the grid, and could really use it for the listview as well.
Cody
Posted on: 13 Aug 2013 14:36
yeah this is a great idea and kind of a feature requirement these days.