Unplanned
Last Updated: 21 Jan 2020 13:00 by ADMIN
Dustin
Created on: 25 Oct 2012 17:04
Category: Editor
Type: Feature Request
Can you please add this option or remove the "inherited" value? I don't understand how this is useful in anyway. Why would the user want to
Editor selected default font name and font size display as "inherited" in toolbar tool dropdown.

Can you please add this option or remove the "inherited" value? I don't understand how this is useful in anyway. Why would the user want to see "inherited" and not the actual value. That makes no sense and you guys added something this and wasted time on a feature that adds no value to our end users, none.
5 comments
Sanjay
Posted on: 04 Mar 2016 18:29
In addition we need a feature to display the font and size of the selected text.
Tayger
Posted on: 25 Nov 2015 15:38
The toolbar of the editor Widget has the option "Font" and "Font Size" initially set to "(inherited font) and (inherited size). Editors are used to give customers and web users the option to edit text. Most of them don't have a technical background and got confused by reading "inherited"... Inherited from/by what? I see the text inside an editor enclosed as such. But of course there might be a need to inherit font and size from "outside" the editor. Nevertheless it would be great to set (by parameter) a default font and default font size on initializing the editor. In such a case the options "inherited font" and "inherited size" will be removed from the specific toolbar options. 
Steve Ditmer
Posted on: 04 Dec 2014 19:23
Whether you or I work in CSS is irrelevant.  My end user has no Idea what CSS is!

Inherited for both the font and font-size need to be customizable to be removed.

An alternative would be to show the current fontname or font size.
Dustin
Posted on: 08 Nov 2012 22:03
My point remains, what user wants to see "inherited"? And what user understands that this is the default font size in the CSS. Most sites are not developed for programmers like ourselves.

Doesn't matter anyways, I simply overroded the default behavior to always show the font size even if it's "inherited".
Kevin
Posted on: 08 Nov 2012 21:02
This is standard css behavior. If a font is not declared, it is inherited from it's parent or higher level styles. For all of my CMS stuff, I have to have it inherited as the styling they see in the editor is not necessarily indicative of the styling that will be displayed... so... it is always inherited (by default) unless something is explicitly selected. If you didn't have that dropdown, you would have no way (through the wysiwyg) to set it back to inherited. The more you work with CSS in the dom and understand how styles are cascaded, etc, this will make more sense to you. They were not adding features by adding the 'inherited' option, they were ensuring css standards could be followed and when necessary, explicit fonts / sizes could be used.