Completed
Last Updated: 20 Mar 2019 12:59 by ADMIN
Bob
Created on: 03 Aug 2012 15:26
Category: Grid
Type: Feature Request
Change Style of deleted row rather than removing it, Grid Batch Editing
Currently we use batch editing in the Grid control. The idea of batch editing is all changes are retained client side until the user presses the save button. 

When editing a cell a red dirty indicator is placed on the cell. This gives the user an indication that there are unsaved changes. however, when deleting a row, the row just goes away. There is no indication the user must still save. 

I would like to see rather than the record immediately removed a class applied to the row so we can apply some style like a strikethrough or red background color to indicate a pending delete. Also, we would be able to switch the "delete" button to an "undo" button.
12 comments
ADMIN
Rumen
Posted on: 20 Mar 2019 12:59
Hello,

The feature is now available and you can test it at https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/data-binding/client-side/client-data-source-binding/defaultcs.aspx?product=clientdatasource&show-source=true.

To enable it set BatchEditingSettings-HighlightDeletedRows="true".

Regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
ADMIN
Konstantin Dikov
Posted on: 20 Mar 2019 12:48
Hi,

We have approved the feature request and we will do our best to include it in the future releases. 

Best Regards,
Konstantin Dikov
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Petter
Posted on: 13 Mar 2019 14:02
+1. Any news on this?
Hannes
Posted on: 21 Oct 2017 08:34
+1 on this
Poet Egypt LLC
Posted on: 15 Aug 2017 16:33
Hi Telerik team,
I would like to ask whether this feature will be considered in a near future release. Currently It is one of my customer requirements and I strongly need it.

Best regards
Rasha Elsayed
Graeme
Posted on: 03 Jul 2015 08:51
Yes i just logged on to request the exact same thing, Being able to see what is to be deleted in the next save would be much more intuitive for a user.
dwhite
Posted on: 24 Oct 2013 14:57
Any progress on this? It's been over a year. I'd love to see this implemented.
Sagar
Posted on: 25 Jul 2013 14:36
(in MVC)Say I have changed values of the 3 rows and I want to roll back changes for 2 rows and push save for only one row.. how can I have 'undo' button for rows which has been changed so that If I click on undo for the changed row. my original value should get re populated there. Can you please help
Sagar
Posted on: 25 Jul 2013 14:27
Say I have changed values of the 3 rows and I want to roll back changes for 2 rows and push save for only one row.. how can I have 'undo' button for rows which has been changed so that If I click on undo for the changed row. my original value should get re populated there. Can you please help
ADMIN
Brandon
Posted on: 31 Aug 2012 17:17
This is an interesting idea, Bob. We'll evaluate it for a future release!
Don
Posted on: 03 Aug 2012 15:57
I think this would enhance the user experience. Seem very intuitive to me. I like it.
Imported User
Posted on: 03 Aug 2012 15:31
I would also like to see this implemented.  Great idea Bob!